Bestest Newest Detachedest Home in Irvine for less than $1m?

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I think IHS posted about this when these designs first popped up in GP.

Why do you keep referring to IHS? Is he a God? Did he help you make millions of dollars in Irvine RE?  If so, why wasn't Delano one of the top buys during its debut?

Man, you need to relax. I believe this is the first time I referenced IHS in this thread.

I believe he?s an architect and has many times taught everyone here a thing or two about house construction.

You?ve referenced Delano in this thread more than I?ve referred to IHS for the last 3 years.

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I think IHS posted about this when these designs first popped up in GP.

Why do you keep referring to IHS? Is he a God? Did he help you make millions of dollars in Irvine RE?  If so, why wasn't Delano one of the top buys during its debut?
Actually IHS is as close to a god as any other participant here. IHS invented the detached courtyard home, a design copied by builders around the world and his designs in Silicon Valley seem remarkably spacious considering the actual small square footage. Most of IHS' older designs, like Northpark, have stood the test of time and are aging very gracefully. IHS' Ellwood was the only silver lining on the otherwise disastrous debut of Beacon Park. At least IHS mixed the flat roof design in Elwood in with other designs like the charming Sears catalog bungalow so overall Ellwood looked pretty good. Compare this with current GPN neighborhoods with endless acres of flat roofs like a third world shanty town.

But IHS is not infallible, he famously predicted the demise of Laguna Altura but boy did IHS get that wrong.

Burn That Belly said:
What did he say about LA? That cars would fly off the 405 and crash into the homes?
He said LA is built in a natural "wok" which is the worst kind of topography for a residential neighborhood. He said the entryway is unfitting because it T-bones into a cinderblock wall, speeding cars on the 133 pose a safety hazard, and other stuff like that which he believed would not be attractive to buyers.

Eastwood appreciation is a total mirage right now imo. I would bet Delano resales are going to be at least 10%, and maybe 15%, below current builder prices based on where Stonegate resales are. And if you believe Stonegate is more desirable, it could be worse

i1 said:
Eastwood appreciation is a total mirage right now imo. I would bet Delano resales are going to be at least 10%, and maybe 15%, below current builder prices based on where Stonegate resales are. And if you believe Stonegate is more desirable, it could be worse

There haven?t been enough resales to draw any conclusions about EW appreciation rates yet. Traditionally you can actually pay more for a non upgraded new home than an existing upgraded home in the same tract. Drawing conclusions on builder price increases for resales is like comparing neighborhoods to automobiles. But then again I don?t believe I?m an expert in everything on TI and post countless comments that ?demonstrate? to everyone that ?fact?!!

How do I silence a TI member?

Happiness said:
Burn That Belly said:
What did he say about LA? That cars would fly off the 405 and crash into the homes?
He said LA is built in a natural "wok" which is the worst kind of topography for a residential neighborhood. He said the entryway is unfitting because it T-bones into a cinderblock wall, speeding cars on the 133 pose a safety hazard, and other stuff like that which he believed would not be attractive to buyers.

Laguna Altura neighbor is good. I was worried about the freeway noise, but somehow there is none. Like zero noise there even the end tracts. The only thing I didn't like was smaller yards and motor court homes are kinda too close to each other for my taste. But definitely one of my top lists when I would be buying next.

@BTB:

How do you focus on appreciation? That's like saying prices will fall when interest rates rise. :)

It's a no-value statement esp because the latest phases in Delano will have less room to appreciate (if they even do) because they are at the top of the stretch. For early phase buyers, Delano may be cashing out for you... but I follow 2 rules:

1. Never buy the most expensive house in a hood unless it's got the best/largest lot/view/floorplan/location and only if you are planning to stay there.
2. Don't buy attached

So let's get back to the topic... and let's stick to brand new... is PS and GP the only hoods with detached homes under $1m?

irvinehomeowner said:
@BTB:

How do you focus on appreciation? That's like saying prices will fall when interest rates rise. :)

It's a no-value statement esp because the latest phases in Delano will have less room to appreciate (if they even do) because they are at the top of the stretch. For early phase buyers, Delano may be cashing out for you... but I follow 2 rules:

1. Never buy the most expensive house in a hood unless it's got the best/largest lot/view/floorplan/location and only if you are planning to stay there.
2. Don't buy attached

So let's get back to the topic... and let's stick to brand new... is PS and GP the only hoods with detached homes under $1m?

Yes, for brand new homes, most likely PS and GP are the only ones left.

Burn That Belly said:
Compressed-Village, I know it's most likely you defending GP. How many times do I have to tell you. Stop wasting your time replying to my comments. I've banished you from my browser remember? Why are you even trying.

You know, every time you "brag" about how you blank out Compressed-Village just makes me think less of you.

Man up and deal with his posts... or.... are you chicken?

what-are-you-chicken.jpg

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@BTB:

2. Don't buy attached

After the north of Jeffery areas are built out, PS and GP will be the ONLY new houses in Irvine. Buy now unless you want to live in PS or GP.

Happiness said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@BTB:

2. Don't buy attached

After the north of Jeffery areas are built out, PS and GP will be the ONLY new houses in Irvine. Buy now unless you want to live in PS or GP.

I predict tear downs to build more units in the old part of town. For example: depending on the size of the lot of a home. It monger be two + homes. A builder can create x amount of units either town houses or condos.

irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
Compressed-Village, I know it's most likely you defending GP. How many times do I have to tell you. Stop wasting your time replying to my comments. I've banished you from my browser remember? Why are you even trying.

You know, every time you "brag" about how you blank out Compressed-Village just makes me think less of you.

what-are-you-chicken.jpg

Talk is cheap. I like facts and real substance in a post or a conversation. BTB keep saying homeless shelter will be built in GP, so I offer him to make some side money pocket change 100 pay 150 or, whatever he put down I will match it PLUS 50 % more, if the homeless shelter in Irvine will ever come into existence in Irvine. So far, that shut him down from the homeless non sense. If he man up TAKE MY MONEY. Easy payday.

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:

He threatened to go PTSD on me. I had to call the cops. Next up would be a restraining order. That ain't no fun. Can't have a decent convo with a man who is pyscho. Too easy to push his buttons.

I don?t know man. TI is a piece of cake compare to other forums/social media platforms. Go to Reddit forums, sports websites, or other social media platforms such as twitter. (Attacks coming left and right yo)  ;)

Back