Best Mexican in/around Irvine

I'm using "mexican" lightly and just listing off the top of my head. I think "other" will win.

• Taco Rosa

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • On the Border

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Super Mex

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • El Chollo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
I would have to disagree, Chronic's al pastor sucks, meat is too chewy, should be tender.  And their taco size is not the right proportion.  Tacos should be 2-3 bites tops.  Chronic's is more like 6-8.  So one taco can finish you off.  I like a variety of tacos in one sitting:  carnitas, pollo, lengua, asada. 

And that's albertA's off el Camino real, I dont believe it's the same as Alberto's.  Been there once and never had the urge to go back, food tasted oily, bland, and lacked freshness.

ps9 said:
I would have to disagree, Chronic's al pastor sucks, meat is too chewy, should be tender.  And their taco size is not the right proportion.  Tacos should be 2-3 bites tops.  Chronic's is more like 6-8.  So one taco can finish you off.  I like a variety of tacos in one sitting:  carnitas, pollo, lengua, asada. 

And that's albertA's off el Camino real, I dont believe it's the same as Alberto's.  Been there once and never had the urge to go back, food tasted oily, bland, and lacked freshness.

what a critic!

I thought oversize tacos is good. I guess PS9 likes the "street tacos" the small size ones.  ;)

Baja Fish Tacos in Lake Forest and MV is bomb:http://bajafishtacos.com

Try the shrimp taco combo with rice and pinto beans, add chips and guac... Load up on their spicy onions and pico de gallo at salsa bar.  Mmmmmmm getting munchies.

eyephone said:
I guess PS9 likes [...] the small size ones.
I qwercheated but that's what HE said.

I agree with ps9 on Chronic, the food isn't that good to me. Same with Alberta's off of Camino Real, they changed their decor to look like an Alberto's but the food has been the same for years and not very Alberto's like.

I forgot one... Fresca's off of Red Hill and Edinger. Their lunch specials are a good value and I like their chips and salsa. It's tough for me to go there because Alberto's is just down the road. :)

The title of this thread is misleading so best Mexican in Irvine of course is Qwerty. He is clearly the winner considering the minuscule pool to choose from. Where is the best Chinese restaurant in El Monte?

El Toro Bravo - really good chips and tortillas (made in-house).  Portions are large and the everything I've ever had there is delicious.  Small place though so not an ideal place to sit down and eat.  Ridiculously cheap for what you get, especially for catering.  Their 5-person meals can feed 10 easily. 

hamilton said:
El Toro Bravo - really good chips and tortillas (made in-house).  Portions are large and the everything I've ever had there is delicious.  Small place though so not an ideal place to sit down and eat.  Ridiculously cheap for what you get, especially for catering.  Their 5-person meals can feed 10 easily.

There is nothing like freshly made tortillas.
So any place that makes its own gets bonus points in my book.

I will definitely brave a trip out of the bubble to try this place. 

Going to use El Toro bravo for my next event.  It's such a great value.

Back