Best Mexican in/around Irvine

I'm using "mexican" lightly and just listing off the top of my head. I think "other" will win.

• Taco Rosa

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • On the Border

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Super Mex

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • El Chollo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
For restauranty, we go to Don Jose in Tustin and Laguna Hills... also Flamingoe's in Laguna Hills.

For "really bad" Mexican food, Alberto's off of Edinger and Grand in Santa Ana.

For okay Mexican food, Jalapenos off of Alton (they closed the one in Woodbury), but I don't really like their chips.

If you want to spend a lot of money, Javier's.

I like El Cholo, but the wife doesn't... and she like's Taco Rosa, but I think they are overpriced and underportioned.

We did not like On The Border at all and have never been back.

King Taco but thats too far...

Albatross in LF was good before they switched owners...

Decent around Irvine still would be Tacos Ensenada?

King taco is my favorite mexican by far. We go there about once every two weeks at work. All meat carne asada burrito, green salsa and nacho cheese in the burrito. In irvine I go to supermex for the shredded beef burrito and shredded beef Flautas. Their salsa may be my favorite salsa. I buy their 32oz container to keep in the fridge for chips and salsa. Their chorizo and egg burritos are also good. My wife loves their albondiga soup. I'm not a fan of their carne asada though. Their tostada chips are ok.

ob1 said:
I'm kinda surprised no one is writing in Javiers.
I'm not a big fan, but they seem to do well.
They do well cuz of the hipster, I wanna be seen having a $15 drink crowd.  Javier's food is horrible and horribly overpriced.

OCgasman said:
ob1 said:
They do well cuz of the hipster, I wanna be seen having a $15 drink crowd.  Javier's food is horrible and horribly overpriced.

There is something wrong about paying a lot of money for Mexican food.  I guess you can say that about a lot of different types of food but Mexican food to me is filling. flavorful, and inexpensive.

OCgasman said:
ob1 said:

It's way over rated. I rather go to Wahoos over Javier's.  :D

Not kidding, but our goto right now for local Mexican is Chronic Tacos in Woodbridge. On the other side of town would be La Sirena, but their flavor lends to a more healthy, new age Mexican.

Otherwise, I agree with others and Don Jose in LH or Tustin wins for our family.

If you ever take a drive down to San Juan Capistrano, check out El Campeon. Get the taco sampler with a large platino horchata. (that place is always packed)  8)

Back