Beacon Park

I thought the big winner today is all the PP resale currently on the market. Their houses suddenly just appeared a lot more reasonably priced, especially after you take the Mello Roos into account. Once you add in upgrades the price difference will be even bigger.

Sure. There are always some nice touches with new home designs. But, if any buyer was on the fence waiting to see BP this should push them over the edge to close the deal. With the bridge connecting the 2 communities, unless walking to the k-8 school is an absolute must have there's very little reason to hold out for BP.

Looks like the wait is not all that worth. The price of homes and MR at BP is not attractive at all. Some of the resale homes out of Woodbury and Stonegate are better bets considering proximity to schools, low MR and better amenities than BP, atleast  going by what is known at this time about BP.

i1 said:
Since I keep hearing how expensive BP is...strada plan 3 at OH with no view and tiny 9 foot setback costs $440psf. ryland oakmont plan 2 costs $425psf and gets you a bigger lot. Strada is about 2700sqf and oakmont is about 2800sqf. So oakmont is about 4% cheaper. Or $40k less if you normalize for the sqf difference. Then factor in the BP mello will be $3k higher and you're essentially at the same price point.

If you go to a 3100sqf plan 3 oakmont, you go down to $388psf. That seems pretty competitive with TIC pricing even adjusting for mello.

I'm using the website pricing for ryland.

Fair enough. Now compare the beauty of Orchard Hills with Beacon Park.

Perspective said:
i1 said:
Since I keep hearing how expensive BP is...strada plan 3 at OH with no view and tiny 9 foot setback costs $440psf. ryland oakmont plan 2 costs $425psf and gets you a bigger lot. Strada is about 2700sqf and oakmont is about 2800sqf. So oakmont is about 4% cheaper. Or $40k less if you normalize for the sqf difference. Then factor in the BP mello will be $3k higher and you're essentially at the same price point.

If you go to a 3100sqf plan 3 oakmont, you go down to $388psf. That seems pretty competitive with TIC pricing even adjusting for mello.

But according to you, that's subjective.  Please don't become one of those "I bought at (strada) and therefore everything else is shit" posters.

bones said:
Perspective said:
i1 said:

But according to you, that's subjective.  Please don't become one of those "I bought at (strada) and therefore everything else is shit" posters.

It is subjective. I'm genuinely asking, what is the premium you'd pay, if any, for a substantially similar house in Orchard Hills relative to Beacon Park.

Perspective said:
i1 said:

Watching my kids run around and play in their own backyard is what I consider beautiful.

Perspective said:
It is subjective. I'm genuinely asking, what is the premium you'd pay, if any, for a substantially similar house in Orchard Hills relative to Beacon Park.
The only thing in OH I'd pay a premium for is a view or gates. Gates - $100-150/mo seems fair. The HOA is higher by about that much already in the groves so not sure I'd pay any higher price. View - it all depends how good. Roughly perhaps a few % for some peek-a-boo views from 2nd floor windows and ~10% for the one in the la vita plan 4 model.

Without view or gates, I'd discount OH a few % to BP.

i1 said:
Perspective said:
The only thing in OH I'd pay a premium for is a view or gates. Gates - $100-150/mo seems fair. The HOA is higher by about that much already in the groves so not sure I'd pay any higher price. View - it all depends how good. Roughly perhaps a few % for some peek-a-boo views from 2nd floor windows and ~10% for the one in the la vita plan 4 model.

Without view or gates, I'd discount OH a few % to BP.

Discount Orchard Hills to Beacon Park? This doesn't sound genuine nor reasonable. You don't just buy a house. You buy the neighborhood. So even if your house has no view in Orchard Hills, you VIEW the neighborhood every moment you leave and re-enter it. That might not be worth much to some people, but it's worth something to many, and a lot to some. Discount? No.

That didn't take long. Don't worry your strada home is fine ( unless you bought tusd  ;D ) More home choices are good for everyone. I just don't like how TIC has convinced everyone that super small lots are normal for 1 mil+. "But you're walking distance to a nice park!"  Pssh.

wrigley said:
That didn't take long. Don't worry your strada home is fine ( unless you bought tusd  ;D ) More home choices are good for everyone. I just don't like how TIC has convinced everyone that super small lots are normal for 1 mil+. "But you're walking distance to a nice park!"  Pssh.

I love how 5P convinced people that buying a home on a superfund site is a bargain.

Back