Beacon Park

eyephone said:
ps9 said:
Unfortunately not true for BP, the mello delta for going with BP staying 8years (until my daughter finishes 8th grade) vs staying put in our current home will be $64,000.  So if BP appreciates, it's a good move, but it has to appreciate quite a bit.  And finding another knife catcher to buy my 8 year old BP home?  That will be another hurdle.

Just stay put. You can fund your little ones college fund with that $64k.

Both IVC and CSUF are well below this budget.

ps9 said:
AW said:
You mean rename it to baker ranch, lol

Or 'Oakmont by Ryland, a fabulous place to spend $4000 per year'  :) 

@perspective
Fun debate, can't believe you made me defend Oakmont, not even on my radar.  I assume you're a buyer at Strada?

I think it's a pretty BFD when mello roos are twice as high at BP than at Stonegate or Orchard Hills.

Happiness said:
If you are concerned about Mello Roos, you have no business buying a 1.5mil house.  Take Paris' advice, don't spend all of your money on your house.

Sure, the old and tired line, "If you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it." Thanks for that and the financial advice.

ps9 said:
Unfortunately not true for BP, the mello delta for going with BP staying 8years (until my daughter finishes 8th grade) vs staying put in our current home will be $64,000.  So if BP appreciates, it's a good move, but it has to appreciate quite a bit.  And finding another knife catcher to buy my 8 year old BP home?  That will be another hurdle.

So $8k a year?  That's nothing. Do it!  Love spending other people's money. Make one sacrifice every year. Skip Aulani the first year.  Don't buy an Hermes in year 2. Buy $8k less car in year 3. So on and so forth. :)

image_zpsoqgqvvle.jpg

image_zpsulmtb447.jpg

image_zpsqxnlskkg.jpg

image_zpsko0wumsd.jpg

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Or buy a condo in cash in FL, Texas, Vegas, for retirement.
All those places are so hot.

When I'm old, I want to be able to go outside.

Don't worry IHO, you can join me at:
http://www.solairaliving.com

And watch the rest of GP pay that crazy mello

Bargain!

"One bedroom rents are expected to range from $836 to $1,012. Two bedroom rents will range from $929 to $1,214. Rents are subject to change at any time."

Count me in! 

ps9, do you know if BP has direct access to Great Park fields and common areas without having to go right on Trabuco and Left on Sand Canyon?

aquabliss said:
ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Or buy a condo in cash in FL, Texas, Vegas, for retirement.
All those places are so hot.

When I'm old, I want to be able to go outside.

Don't worry IHO, you can join me at:
http://www.solairaliving.com

And watch the rest of GP pay that crazy mello

Bargain!

"One bedroom rents are expected to range from $836 to $1,012. Two bedroom rents will range from $929 to $1,214. Rents are subject to change at any time."

Count me in!

That's not for me. I rather have the freedom and hang out by the ocean in FL. (take on fishing, play chess at the beach, .....)

So how toxic is the land in and around beacon park area? It's funny how future buyers don't remember or know this used to be a marine base.

fishfinder333 said:
So how toxic is the land in and around beacon park area? It's funny how future buyers don't remember or know this used to be a marine base.

I think most of the toxic areas are the GP areas close to the 5 freeway.

aquabliss said:
ps9, do you know if BP has direct access to Great Park fields and common areas without having to go right on Trabuco and Left on Sand Canyon?

Looking at the maps, I believe so.  Bosque goes into the sports fields I believe. 

@ps9, did you wife give you a green light yet?

@J$, did you wish you purchased BP instead of PP or do you still prefer PP?

I didn't write much up over the weekend, but had 3 visits with 3 builders (and then snuck into some other builders projects). We were focused on Rosemont, Oakmont, and also looked at the Taylor Morrison product. My favorite home out of the 3 was by far the Ryland Plan 3. Beautiful home, however, first phase lots aren't that great.  On paper I thought I was going to like the K Hovanian homes more then I actually did and the Tay Mo homes (some of which are on big lots seem like they will be good values...only looked at it because if I went with one of those, it would allow me to keep my current property as a rental), however, the only one I would have considered would have been the plan 3 Tay Mo, which I wasn't a fan of at all.  Ryland plan 3 is one I'd be willing to buy, but at 1.3, too steep for 3000 sq ft in Irvine (couldn't justify over say KB Palo Alto at 1.2M or Tri Pointe @ 1.2 with half the mella roos). 

Architecture and neighborhood feel is really nice (variety of designs, etc) looks very nice but the mella, but the prices (for phase 1 of the project) already seem high in comparison to other parts of Irvine.  Given that I'm in the "patient" phase of I want to find something we really like and really I don't have to move until our kids are in school age (would at that point like them to be in the same area), I think we are going to pass on early phases and wait to see if sales stall a bit in the winter.  Just seems like too much of a "premium" for flat land / non gated (albeit lot sizes are nice). 

Bullsback of the communities you visited, approximately how many homes (% wise) were either sold or reserved?  Any idea?

That's funny, we're exactly on the same boat.
The Tay mo plan 3, can't convert the Cali room to observatory, that would bring the sq ft close to Palo Alto plan 1 or la fayette plan 3, but the stonegate homes feel so much bigger

Ryland plan 1 had odd stairs sticking out on the first floor, that's injuries waiting to happen with young uns
Much like juniper, they'll have cul de sac lots which are nice

Back