Beacon Park

From an investment standpoint I think people underestimate dangers they can't see. BP resale and appreciation will be fine.

From a personal point of view, I wouldn't place my family so close to a superfund site. For me OH > BP. You have to make your own decision on what is best for you and your family.
http://yosemite.epa.gov/r9/sfund/r9sfdocw.nsf/ViewByEPAID/CA6170023208

t6uzh3.png

rrsg7m.png

gasman said:
waitin4ever said:
Will living in BP be safe or not interms of past history of the land? What is the conclusion?

You will need to decide that for yourself once all the information is released.  BP is not in a plume area, and I believe that parcel was used for farming, so it's one of the safer areas in Great Park for residential.  If you do decide t purchase in BP, you *might* get some disclosures stating that you shouldn't farm on that land, or consume any vegetation grown on that soil, but that's probably more of a legal CYA (cover-your-ass).  Personally, I think that OH will have more environmental hazards from all the pesticides than BP/PP will from its previous land use.

Take it with a grain of salt...I'm no scientist, so do your own research, and I'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourself and your family. :)

Thanks for the post. Good info.

iacrenter said:
From an investment standpoint I think people underestimate dangers they can't see. BP resale and appreciation will be fine.

From a personal point of view, I wouldn't place my family so close to a superfund site. For me OH > BP. You have to make your own decision on what is best for you and your family.

t6uzh3.png

rrsg7m.png

gasman said:
waitin4ever said:
Will living in BP be safe or not interms of past history of the land? What is the conclusion?

You will need to decide that for yourself once all the information is released.  BP is not in a plume area, and I believe that parcel was used for farming, so it's one of the safer areas in Great Park for residential.  If you do decide t purchase in BP, you *might* get some disclosures stating that you shouldn't farm on that land, or consume any vegetation grown on that soil, but that's probably more of a legal CYA (cover-your-ass).  Personally, I think that OH will have more environmental hazards from all the pesticides than BP/PP will from its previous land use.

Take it with a grain of salt...I'm no scientist, so do your own research, and I'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourself and your family. :)

Any close up's of the elevations on the poster board?  Or the common area?

And my goodness 5 point, build a better kids playground for once.

From what I've heard, Brio (Shea) will only offer ONE floorplan, with various elevations.  I thought they were supposed to be 4-plexes, but maybe my information was incorrect.

aquabliss said:
Any close up's of the elevations on the poster board?  Or the common area?

And my goodness 5 point, build a better kids playground for once.

This.  There is ONE (yes, ONE!!!!) toddler swing in the entire park.  Gold star goes to whoever designed that.

PP's kids play area has to be one of the worst I've ever seen.  Whoever designed that probably had a rough childhood growing up.  :(

FARMMMMMIE said:
PP's kids play area has to be one of the worst I've ever seen.  Whoever designed that probably had a rough childhood growing up.  :(

Or no childhood at all...

Anyone knows - will the Mello-Roos be higher in Beacon Park compared to Pavilion Park or the same?

Thanks.

Purple said:
Anyone knows - will the Mello-Roos be higher in Beacon Park compared to Pavilion Park or the same?

Thanks.

Nothing confirmed yet...I would expect it to be the same or similar, with the 2% increase year-over-year.

iacrenter said:

t6uzh3.png

rrsg7m.png

gasman said:
waitin4ever said:

It's kind of hard to read. Where is beacon park on this map?

Thank you RKP. I think BP is pretty close to the plume and wouldn't want to subject my family to it. Wind shifts or change of direction of the plume would give me sleepless nights.

The plume is underground 150-700 feet, so not affected by wind, and it is unlikely to change direction dramatically.

wrigley said:
The plume is underground 150-700 feet, so not affected by wind, and it is unlikely to change direction dramatically.

Tell that to the residents in woodbridge. TCE fumes will seep up from the ground and get into the air. Perhaps you should research before you make such statements.

fishfinder333 said:
wrigley said:

Tell that to the residents in woodbridge. TCE fumes will seep up from the ground and get into the air. Perhaps you should research before you make such statements.

I don't know anything about toxic chemicals underground. What else can happen?

eyephone said:
fishfinder333 said:
wrigley said:

I don't know anything about toxic chemicals underground. What else can happen?

You can grow $20 limes :)

Back