Beacon Park

gasman said:
bones said:
PP sold ~7 homes in the last week.  13 (10+3 Sagewood models) more to go.

That's an insane rate for this late in the development.

Sagewood models go on sale March 14, and plans 1 & 3 are expected to have a 60 day escrow.  The plan 2 will have a bit longer escrow period (~90 days) due to the construction required to remove the sales office from the garage, etc.

And the last non-model sagewood bites the dust.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/226-Midori-92618/home/63593979

$1.135M with $80k in upgrades.  4,910 SF lot.  So Plan 1 for $1.055M.  Not terrible pricing compared to earlier phases but that lot size though.

They're doing those same ugly black walls throughout the community and along Irvine Blvd that are in PP.

deep9 said:
I do know it opens in Summer.  wanted to know if anybody had more specific info ( if is would be in Jun, July, Aug or Sep)

A little bird told me that the models have to be completed by end of July.

gasman said:
deep9 said:
I do know it opens in Summer.  wanted to know if anybody had more specific info ( if is would be in Jun, July, Aug or Sep)

A little bird told me that the models have to be completed by end of July.

NDA Violation! :)

They probably didn't think PP was going to sell out as fast as they did.  Feels like this should open in May.

bones said:

They probably didn't think PP was going to sell out as fast as they did.  Feels like this should open in May.

Hah!

PP has definitely taken Five Points and the builders by surprise.  They've definitely accelerated the release of BP, but also keep in mind that it is almost twice as big as PP, and has a lot more moving parts to it (parks, school, etc).  It's impressive that they are even able to get things rolling by this summer.

Visited BP and liking everything I saw. I like curve streets. It takes the curse off the repetitive modulation of cookie cutter homes. It is about time a developer is doing the right thing by putting aesthetic first and density second. Irvine lost her innovation title the last 10 years I hope Five Point will step up and reclaim that. Please no more grid, straight tree lined blvd that T into pocket park or rec center, prison like walls with tall guard towers and penitentiary portals at entrance check points.

gasman said:
bones said:

Hah!

PP has definitely taken Five Points and the builders by surprise.  They've definitely accelerated the release of BP, but also keep in mind that it is almost twice as big as PP, and has a lot more moving parts to it (parks, school, etc).  It's impressive that they are even able to get things rolling by this summer.

Sounds like you got your heart set on BP and your already to move.  ;)

irvinehomeshopper said:
Visited BP and liking everything I saw. I like curve streets. It takes the curse off the repetitive modulation of cookie cutter homes. It is about time a developer is doing the right thing by putting aesthetic first and density second. Irvine lost her innovation title the last 10 years I hope Five Point will step up and reclaim that. Please no more grid, straight tree lined blvd that T into pocket park or rec center, prison like walls with tall guard towers and penitentiary portals at entrance check points.

are you the architect on any of the BP projects? 

Who will be attending the New Schools in the Great Park? Will any of the Lake Forest residents be attending Portola High?

Legit949 said:
Who will be attending the New Schools in the Great Park? Will any of the Lake Forest residents be attending Portola High?

I'd doubt Lake Forest residence will be attending Portola High. IUSD is so packed there are already talks of a 6th high school. There's not enough room to accommodate all the kids in Irvine as is.

Residents of the Great Park and possibly residents east of Sand Canyon and West of Alton Parkway. South of the 241 and North of the train track. Residents of Los Olivos is up for additional debate for its school district boundary.

Thank you! Beacon Park opening in 2015 or 2016? Any other companies making the move into the Great Park besides Broadcom?

Verizon amphitheater will be kicked out by The Irvine Company. The land is much more valuable than the rent revenue from a concert venue. The city will likely want to see it in the Greatpark. Another big company will be Yalius Ghostbusters Corp.

Back