Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

irvinehomeowner said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
The first google results for landfill were things like "living within 2 miles of landfill equivalent to smoking while pregnant".

Was that quote from someone named YellowFever?

:)

Could be,  the landfill research was how I discovered this forum  ;D

Yeah not sure how much the two mile resale effect would be, since like socal OCLuvr said that hits a ton of villages, but .5 and no resale history scared me out of brisa specifically.

Example google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=living+next+to+landfill&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Seems like somebody is talking to himself 😄. Let me call IHO that YF is back 😄. For concerns regarding resale, people should look at LR and PS1 price appreciation over period of last 5 years. LR had close to 50% and PS1 had 35-40% price appreciation.

So it sounds like the landfill isn't a huge concern then :) that is a bit of a relief, will keep eyes out in PS.

Sorry to derail the baker ranch thread  ;)

Sad I missed this thread. As the local resident BR booster I didn?t properly defend against the Irvine mob. Sigh.

Anyway Baker Ranch is great. We bought 4 years ago and sold, made 25% and rolled it over into a larger BR house.

Neighbor composition is very similar to Irvine now. When we first bought it was a mix of Foothill Ranch-ish and ex Irvine residents. New neighborhood is largely like most new Irvine neighborhoods (foreign cash buyers it seems). We sold our place to an all cash buyer. The resale market is there.

The jail, Alton, meh are non issues. No one cares about it when it comes to resale - trust me, I actually went through selling.

Neighborhood has a good feel. A lot of families and a good mix of the old and new folks. The Baker Ranch shopping center has a good middle eastern place and a good Asian place. There?s a lot of new openings in the Foothill Ranch centers they are catering to new demographics. Halves is a great KBBQ/shabu place and there?s a lot of other local places you wouldn?t think of.

No mello Roos are awesome. Way better value.

No plume or landfill aromas.

If you want new and under 800k, I think it?s the best option.

inv0ke-epipen said:
Thanks for the insight eclipxe.  Still haven't pulled out of The Rowe deposit. Good to hear some positive thoughts on the area.

Feel free to message me if you want to know more.

Seriously, this is Talk Irvine and people talk a lot of crap for fun - gotta take most of it tongue in cheek. After living in Irvine (and loving it) for a while, trust me when I say BR is pretty much the same, but you get more house for less. The trade offs you make for BR value are not nearly like the trade offs you make for other non-Irvine options. Irvine is clearly Tier 1 (and you pay for it), but for everyday things that really matter, BR is close enough. Seriously.

OCLuvr said:
Seems like somebody is talking to himself 😄. Let me call IHO that YF is back 😄. For concerns regarding resale, people should look at LR and PS1 price appreciation over period of last 5 years. LR had close to 50% and PS1 had 35-40% price appreciation.

Let?s be careful not to blanket this. Not all of PS1 appreciated 35-40% in the last 5 years.  And certainly not the attached stuff.

I liked BR very much especially the SFR ones. I however ended up with another Irvine home this time.
Just couldn't get rid of the efficiency provided for our current status. Irvine indeed is a planned and branded community for families.

BTW, I personally think BTB is inv0ke is YellowFever.

Mety said:
I liked BR very much especially the SFR ones. I however ended up with another Irvine home this time.
Just couldn't get rid of the efficiency provided for our current status. Irvine indeed is a planned and branded community for families.

BTW, I personally think BTB is inv0ke is YellowFever.

You never know.  ;)

inv0ke-epipen said:
So it sounds like the landfill isn't a huge concern then :) that is a bit of a relief, will keep eyes out in PS.

Sorry to derail the baker ranch thread  ;)

The landfill may not be too much of a concern right now; but it's scheduled to be open for more than another 30 years.  The good thing is that all the landfill gas is collected as much and as efficiently as possible because it is used for fuel to run engines that generate electricity.  Lost gas is lost $ in electricity.  This power is provided to the city of Anaheim.  There are 6-7 engines operating full time at the landfill as well.  This landfill is much better managed than ones LA County (Google Sunshine Canyon Landfill).  Working in the field I do, I suggest living a little further away from a active landfill than PS, that's why I chose BR  :)

eclipxe said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
Thanks for the insight eclipxe.  Still haven't pulled out of The Rowe deposit. Good to hear some positive thoughts on the area.

Feel free to message me if you want to know more.

Seriously, this is Talk Irvine and people talk a lot of crap for fun - gotta take most of it tongue in cheek. After living in Irvine (and loving it) for a while, trust me when I say BR is pretty much the same, but you get more house for less. The trade offs you make for BR value are not nearly like the trade offs you make for other non-Irvine options. Irvine is clearly Tier 1 (and you pay for it), but for everyday things that really matter, BR is close enough. Seriously.

Good to hear!  We purchased at BR and can't wait to move in later this year!  We've been renting in Irvine for the last 9 years and love it here; but it's time we stop donating to TIC as rent is getting crazy.  I really like the parks and elevation at BR.  We also had a similar experience at the phase release for Shea where they post the lot Plan- no clappping though, more like moans and glares- lol.

How much more of the BR homes are still available, specifically 'The Rowe'? Can someone who's been to their sales office tell us which phase they're on, or are they all sold out? What are the prices?

We have been looking all around the desirable parts of OC and have finally decided to look at BR. The new homes in Rancho MV were somewhat within our budget but the property taxes (2.1%) just totally killed it for us. It has been such a rollercoaster of emotions with this home search - its just a constant yes we'll get it, no we can't, yes we can do it, no we really can't..
Anyways, if someone can kindly let me know that would be wonderful! I am also going to give the sales office a call tomorrow, just thought I can get some information here first from those of you that have looked at BR.

BR The rowe was sold out on the FEB 10 release I went to. I put a deposit down for the cheapest home, Plan 1 at 638,900 (3bd 2.5bath, 1,400 something sqft). Effective tax rate is 1.0275%, 336 HOA. Next release is in 4-6 weeks, but prices should go up since there is a 5-10k price increase AND lot premium intended for the next release. Obviously wont find out untill day of release for sure though...

I am strongly considering dropping my deposit, I have to drop or sign the contract by the 17th.  Maybe there is a way for me to give you my reservation?

Back