Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

jmoney74 said:
good point.  That's where MRs come into play.

FYI TollBrothers/Shea prepaid the MR for Baker Ranch.  So there are MR just paid by the builder instead of the homeowner.  That's why there's many posts within this thread of other baker ranch owners hoping more of us going to the board meetings etc to get a new school built to use our MR toward Baker Ranch specifically.  Though I agree, many of us are probably not taking the initiative because we're not paying MR out of our pocket...I'm guilty as charged  :-[

The SVUSD website states how much money the district received in developer's fees, but the interest in the school verbally has been underwhelming. The district's consistent response is declining enrollment. The local Baker Ranch HOA needs to pack the next few meetings or this cause will be quickly overlooked.

Hey All,

Friend from out of state is looking at Baker Ranch.  I do not know this area at all so I cant give him advice.  His budget is around 1.2-1.3M  What tract do you guys recommend and why?

Thanks

hello said:
Hey All,

Friend from out of state is looking at Baker Ranch.  I do not know this area at all so I cant give him advice.  His budget is around 1.2-1.3M  What tract do you guys recommend and why?

Thanks

New or resale?  For new...The Trails and The Terraces.  For resale....Ridgewood, Highlands, and Heights.

I bought at the trails (thanks USC!), just keep in mind the base price is just that.... expect to add a significant amount of cost in upgrades (as with all new builds), but some of the lots are larger than what you might find in a comparable home in Irvine as well so expect the back and frontyard construction to cost you a pretty penny....

hamilton said:
I bought at the trails (thanks USC!), just keep in mind the base price is just that.... expect to add a significant amount of cost in upgrades (as with all new builds), but some of the lots are larger than what you might find in a comparable home in Irvine as well so expect the back and frontyard construction to cost you a pretty penny....

Very good point Hamilton, some many of my buyers who are looking at both resale and new homes tell me this...."why should I buy a resale home when I can buy a new home for about the same cost (cost on the brochure)"...that's when I have to break them the bad news that the price that are looking at includes almost no upgrades and that they will spend at least 3-5%+ on upgrades along with landscaping (if they have a yard).  So when you start adding those numbers, resale homes begin to look like a better value for some buyers.  But there are those folks that do love that new home smell and there is something about fully personalizing your own home EXACTLY the way you want it. 

Hamilton, I'm sure you didn't spend so much on upgrades on your Irvine condo as you are on your Baker Ranch home, huh?  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
hello said:
Hey All,

Thanks

New or resale?  For new...The Trails and The Terraces.  For resale....Ridgewood, Highlands, and Heights.

These BR homes are really expensive.  You can buy similar Irvine homes for a bit more it seems.  Thanks for the advice, Ill pass it along.

hello said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
hello said:
Hey All,

Thanks

These BR homes are really expensive.  You can buy similar Irvine homes for a bit more it seems.  Thanks for the advice, Ill pass it along.

You have to remember, Irvine homes have higher property tax rates and Mello-roos for the newer homes.

hi - i'm looking to put in an offer at a toll brothers community in BR. any tips on negotiating for incentives? thanks.

All those Toll Bros sales people are trained to make you think that everyone is begging them to buy a home from them and they don't need to offer any incentives.  Make your offer for ask price and including $40k design center incentives.  Be prepared to walk, then keep your cell phone handy cuz they'll call you in 2 days saying they miraculously convinced their manager to include $10k design incentives but that's the most they will ever give.

At least I gave you a scenario very close to what will happen so you can prepare and decide ahead of time.  If your lowest point of agreeance is $25k incentives, then stick to it and see if they call you back a second time to accept your generous offer.

kbblany said:
hi - i'm looking to put in an offer at a toll brothers community in BR. any tips on negotiating for incentives? thanks.

It really depends on which community you are looking to buy in.  If you are looking at the smaller offerings like The Crossing, you'll have a harder time to get anything from Toll as those homes more fast due to the strength of the market.  For higher end homes like The Trails and Viewpoint, you'll have a much better chance of getting design center/closing cost credits on homes that have not sold in previous phase releases or on quick move-in homes from buyers who dropped out.  Your chances of getting a price reduction in this market is about zero so focus on trying to get a credit from them.  Also, make sure and take a realtor to register so that way you can get a commission rebate from your agent.  As I always tell my clients, you need get what you don't ask for.  Good luck.

USCTrojanCPA said:
kbblany said:

It really depends on which community you are looking to buy in.  If you are looking at the smaller offerings like The Crossing, you'll have a harder time to get anything from Toll as those homes more fast due to the strength of the market.  For higher end homes like The Trails and Viewpoint, you'll have a much better chance of getting design center/closing cost credits on homes that have not sold in previous phase releases or on quick move-in homes from buyers who dropped out.  Your chances of getting a price reduction in this market is about zero so focus on trying to get a credit from them.  Also, make sure and take a realtor to register so that way you can get a commission rebate from your agent.  As I always tell my clients, you need get what you don't ask for.  Good luck.

The Trails has been sold out for a couple of weeks now. Other than the models, starting at $1.7M

Back