Anyone here sick and tired of all this home building

frank69m

I mean, come one....street traffic now sucks, there are dust plumes all over the Woodbury area, stupid construction trucks and cement mixers all over, parking sucks at most of the strip malls, I have 3 rock dings on my bumper because of all the construction and gravel on the ground (occured over the last 2 months), and worst of all, more and more Fu$#@ Chinese buyers all over.

When will the Irvine City Council and the Irvine company stop this madness.  There was a time where I loved this area. Now, its all downhill and I wanted to thank the buffons on the City Council.

frank69m said:
I mean, come one....street traffic now sucks, there are dust plumes all over the Woodbury area, stupid construction trucks and cement mixers all over, parking sucks at most of the strip malls, I have 3 rock dings on my bumper because of all the construction and gravel on the ground (occured over the last 2 months), and worst of all, more and more Fu$#@ Chinese buyers all over.

When will the Irvine City Council and the Irvine company stop this madness.  There was a time where I loved this area. Now, its all downhill and I wanted to thank the buffons on the City Council.

I don't know how much of this is serious but

1)  You live in a highly desirable area and the Chinese buyers are driving up the value of your home.  I see no reason to complain

2)  Irvine Company is in the business of development and building homes...so I don't see any reason why they would stop.  Irvine is gaining a whole heck of a lot of taxes...so I don't see why they should stop. 

3)  Traffic and construction does suck but it's normally during weekdays when I'm not at my house.  Weekends are basically fine.

Well frank why don't u tell us how u really feel about the Chinese buyers. I don't really care for the fcbs lack of manners but there appears to be some hatred there in your statement

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:

he's trolling.  just look at his last three posts.  plus he randomly pops up to complain about the great city he once loved.  if you hate it so much - just move.  simple.

Hey, it's a free country and I can voice my opinions. You don't like it, you can get out. You got nothing else to do except post here anyways with the amount of posts you do. Ha ha.

frank69m said:
bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:

he's trolling.  just look at his last three posts.  plus he randomly pops up to complain about the great city he once loved.  if you hate it so much - just move.  simple.

Hey, it's a free country and I can voice my opinions. You don't like it, you can get out. You got nothing else to do except post here anyways with the amount of posts you do. Ha ha.

spoken like a true angry white man.  white people stole this country, now other colors are taking it away and frank is a little upset.

What gets me is when IRWD instructs us to conserve water, the city encourages it, to make matters worse a drought emergency has now been declared by the governor... but what do they keep doing? I'll start conserving when they stop building.

Wait minute here.  You guys are going way off topic.  Forget about water.  Let's get back to the China hate. 

Irvine is now the territory of China.  It has always been part of China since the ching chang chong dynasty.  All ur bases are belong to us.  White people please move away to Foothill Ranch or south OC.

thanks.

Tyler Durden said:
Good luck convincing the state to cut its agricultural exports or water use.  Have you driven the 5 to SF or Sac in the last few years?  Ever see the congress created dustbowl signs?  They indicate that Pelosi and Boxer have cut their water supply to what was once land producing crops.  Now they are just empty fields that blow dust all over.  Much better than having folks in the bay area or LA pay more for water, to reduce their consumption, right?

Water for agricultural use is probably the highest and best use for it - when it comes to the benefit to society.

Water for landscaping, high water use appliances and lavatory facilities is the least valuable use for it from a societal standpoint.

Therefore, the cuts will come at the side providing the least benefit, not the side that has the bigger value (and much stronger lobby).

Meat production using up 50% of the drinking water in this country. We really don't need to eat so much meat all the time.

paperboyNC said:
Tyler Durden said:
Good luck convincing the state to cut its agricultural exports or water use.  Have you driven the 5 to SF or Sac in the last few years?  Ever see the congress created dustbowl signs?  They indicate that Pelosi and Boxer have cut their water supply to what was once land producing crops.  Now they are just empty fields that blow dust all over.  Much better than having folks in the bay area or LA pay more for water, to reduce their consumption, right?

Water for agricultural use is probably the highest and best use for it - when it comes to the benefit to society.

Water for landscaping, high water use appliances and lavatory facilities is the least valuable use for it from a societal standpoint.

Therefore, the cuts will come at the side providing the least benefit, not the side that has the bigger value (and much stronger lobby).

Meat production using up 50% of the drinking water in this country. We really don't need to eat so much meat all the time.

I was at a Costco yesterday and they were selling grass-fed angus steaks for $249.99.  16 12-ounce steaks. 

Are grey water systems legal in Irvine?  I know that the city uses it for city owned landscaping-- but why not require new developments to install them in all new homes?

Franky 69 male.. old and bitter white dude in Irvine.  Move to Lake forest man!

Back