Ants Anyone?

Roger said:
ps9 said:
It's revenge of the ants!  I had a hunch and made sure all food scraps, junk is put away....except for one thing, they went after the portable vacuum!  Crap....
Not to hijack this thread, but anyone having other pest problem besides ants?  I found one roach in my bathroom last night  :(

Big or small? 

jmoney74 said:
Roger said:
ps9 said:
It's revenge of the ants!  I had a hunch and made sure all food scraps, junk is put away....except for one thing, they went after the portable vacuum!  Crap....
Not to hijack this thread, but anyone having other pest problem besides ants?  I found one roach in my bathroom last night  :(

Big or small?
Not too big, like a quarter(longer of course)...  worst thing it flies.  Color is kind of light brown not those typical one with darker color we've usually seen here.  This is the 2nd time we saw one since we moved in.  Last year I caught one around the same time too... :mad:

I'd look in your cabinets to see if you got any type of smell or goo droppings.  Might give you a hint if there are more of them. 

Roger said:
jmoney74 said:
Roger said:
ps9 said:

Big or small?
Not too big, like a quarter(longer of course)...  worst thing it flies.  Color is kind of light brown not those typical one with darker color we've usually seen here.  This is the 2nd time we saw one since we moved in.  Last year I caught one around the same time too... :mad:

The light brown (length of a quarter) sounds like its a german roach. Which means, if you see one or two may not indicate an infestation, however, if you start to see them in the day time or it starts to smell like an old house, then you have a serious problem. Do you have any leaks anywhere? Even if you clean up, if you have a water source then will flourish. Also, these german roaches can survive without water for a month.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Roger said:
jmoney74 said:
Roger said:
ps9 said:

Big or small?

The light brown (length of a quarter) sounds like its a german roach. Which means, if you see one or two may not indicate an infestation, however, if you start to see them in the day time or it starts to smell like an old house, then you have a serious problem. Do you have any leaks anywhere? Even if you clean up, if you have a water source then will flourish. Also, these german roaches can survive without water for a month.
Thanks for the suggestion.  The two instance when we saw them were both from the same bathroom and both around late night time.  The house smells fine.  In terms of leak not that I know of? The paint looks fine throughout my house but other than that as indicator I would not know another possible signs indicating water leaking... 

You might want to put out a few of those roach motels or sticky pads. These will not get rid of roaches, but act as a meter to determine the level of infestation. If you catch a few each day consistenly for a week, then you might want to bait. DO NOT spray. It causes them to move their nest deeper into the house. Also, these german roaches are not known to travel from house to house but they can. So if your neighbor has pets, or are not that clean and a large infestation has developed then you are receiving the fruits of their labor unfortunately. If you have pets, do no leave the pet food out for roaches to feed on or bowls of water to drink from.

Irvine Fanatic said:
You might want to put out a few of those roach motels or sticky pads. These will not get rid of roaches, but act as a meter to determine the level of infestation. If you catch a few each day consistenly for a week, then you might want to bait. DO NOT spray. It causes them to move their nest deeper into the house. Also, these german roaches are not known to travel from house to house but they can. So if your neighbor has pets, or are not that clean and a large infestation has developed then you are receiving the fruits of their labor unfortunately. If you have pets, do no leave the pet food out for roaches to feed on or bowls of water to drink from.
Got it!  Will get some roach motels today...  hopefully this is just incidental and not a serious infestation I am facing.  Btw none of me or my neighbors have pets.   

bones said:
Roger said:
lnc said:
Roger said:
jmoney74 said:
Big or small?
Not too big, like a quarter(longer of course)... 

;D
I know I know with description like that this will soon turn into Qwerty conversation  :D

Actually with that description, it's more of an IHO convo.

:) x1000

#teamqwerty
:)

Stuff like this makes me want to edit all my posts to a {.)]].

#teamboneswttcmn

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
Roger said:
lnc said:
Roger said:
jmoney74 said:
Big or small?
Not too big, like a quarter(longer of course)... 

;D
I know I know with description like that this will soon turn into Qwerty conversation  :D

Actually with that description, it's more of an IHO convo.

:) x1000

#teamqwerty
:)

Stuff like this makes me want to edit all my posts to a {.)]].

#teamboneswttcmn

Let's see how long it would take you to erase 15,730 posts.

irvinehomeowner said:
I can always request a Tyler Durden.
Found another one by living room last night  :mad: I still have two foggers left from my last place and maybe it's a good idea to use them this weekend  >:D

Roger said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Found another one by living room last night  :mad: I still have two foggers left from my last place and maybe it's a good idea to use them this weekend  >:D

Are you living in brand new construction or is this a resale? Wondering if this was something left behind from previous owner.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Roger said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Are you living in brand new construction or is this a resale? Wondering if this was something left behind from previous owner.
Resale.  I certainly hope not something from the previous owner  :'(

Ants gone, one day of gorging on Amro and Terro again.  Trick is to not disturb the established trail.  Watching them swarm over the baits is hard to watch, but do not touch the ants!

They're so good they even carry away their dead buddies

Back