Altair vs GP-

I think this original proposed MR tax rate for Altair (GP neighborhood 7) still holds.

Anyone saw the official tax rate?

index.php

Those are some scary numbers considering the size of these homes.  $30k+ just on annual property taxes with 2%+ increase per annum. Ouch~

if you buy a toll bros estrella at 5300 sq ft, at mid 2M's, your property tax is around 25K, plus 19K MR. 

solid 44K/yr.  in the tax bracket the buyer presumably would be in, that's around 85-90K of pretax income.    baller.  or stupid.  not sure which.

lnc said:
I think this original proposed MR tax rate for Altair (GP neighborhood 7) still holds.

tableIA7_zpseojnsxzy.jpg
That's a lot of cheddar...No wonder the guard gate looks so nice ;D

lnc said:

tableIA7_zpseojnsxzy.jpg

yeah you're right - I suppose I had wishful thinking official #s may be more "presentable" these will be going to GP schools after all.

guess some of us will find out later today.

$250 hoa and only one of the plans will reach that $19k MR.
(The sheet states 1.0785 base plus potential CFD, based on sq footage of home, so it's not listed, haven't gone through all of them). 

Interesting to overhear some of the conversations.  Like that client fly and buy program, lol

PrettyInGray said:
That sheet is correct. The MR ranges from low 7k to high 19K (40 years baby!) depending on the sq.ft.

Anyone here at the broker event? I'm definitely in China - glad I can understand some conservation.  :eek:

oh man.. if the broker representation shows the type of clients that will show up.. I suppose Altair will be Laguna Altruna/HC 2.0

looks like a few brought along clients anyways.

walked through a few models. that 1.8% MR with 2% compound... that's the tough pill to swallow, I suppose.

Are you guys sure that GP MR will increase 2% every year?  My understanding is that it COULD move up to 2% each year, although I have no idea how that assessment is performed.

It can go up just like any TIC ones, IMO, just that they most likely will whereas TIC probably won't.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
Are you guys sure that GP MR will increase 2% every year?  My understanding is that it COULD move up to 2% each year, although I have no idea how that assessment is performed.

This is like making an agreement with someone you loan money to and the agreement says I can charge you up to an extra $300 per year for the length of the loan.  If you have no personal connection with this person and you know they can afford to pay you - when it comes time each year to decide how much of that $300 you want from them, most likely you'll request at least $299 of it.

In Pavilion Park I've calculated the MR increase over the last 2 years. 
1st increase was 1.998%
2nd increase was 1.998%

It came out to some long decimal but I rounded.  Pretty generous, aren't they?

As others have said this isn't going to break the bank.  If you buy a 3,600 sq ft house in Altain, your MR goes up $22.50/mo after the first year.  Sure this is compounded and maybe in 20 years your MR will be $20k instead of $13.5k but in 20 years  the extra $500/mo won't hurt as much.  Imagine what you could have gotten in Irvine for $1M in 1997.

aquabliss said:
noMoneyBackin2011 said:

This is like making an agreement with someone you loan money to and the agreement says I can charge you up to an extra $300 per year for the length of the loan.  If you have no personal connection with this person and you know they can afford to pay you - when it comes time each year to decide how much of that $300 you want from them, most likely you'll request at least $299 of it.

1st increase was 1.998%
2nd increase was 1.998%

As others have said this isn't going to break the bank.  If you buy a 3,600 sq ft house in Altain, your MR goes up $22.50/mo after the first year.  Sure this is compounded and maybe in 20 years your MR will be $20k instead of $13.5k but in 20 years  the extra $500/mo won't hurt as much.  Imagine what you could have gotten in Irvine for $1M in 1997.

Exactly what I needed: real data.  Looks like it is 2% increase a year on MR then.

aquabliss said:
noMoneyBackin2011 said:

1st increase was 1.998%
2nd increase was 1.998%

Nice sales pitch

Ha!  Not trying to sell anyone one way or the other, buyers should be able to review all the facts and make an informed decision.

I can say for myself that if it wasn't for the extra space between homes and the large lot size, I wouldn't have bought into paying the Mello either.

Plus, what other new communities in Irvine can I find where nobody ever parks on the curb in front of my house except my guests.  Oops, there goes the sales pitch again.

Do any of these compare to John's Crack?  I heard it's the Irvine of the south.

MR not as bad as advertised. Still high but less than original attachment. About 1500 to 2k less across the board based on sq footage.

Back