Altair vs GP-

That's why you can't trust government.

Gotta ensure they have new school planned before you buy.

Like someone mentioned, Altair will need the Lambert Ranch no MR trick to entice people to live there.  Altair is the new Irvine boonies, sloppy thirds that TIC (?) turfed to 5pt then turfed again to Lennar/toll. 

New Home company made the landfill disappear for Lambert ranch by paying off the MR.  Lennar/Toll can do the same but I doubt they did it. 

ps9 said:
Like someone mentioned, Altair will need the Lambert Ranch no MR trick to entice people to live there.  Altair is the new Irvine boonies, sloppy thirds that TIC (?) turfed to 5pt then turfed again to Lennar/toll. 

New Home company made the landfill disappear for Lambert ranch by paying off the MR.  Lennar/Toll can do the same but I doubt they did it.

But when LR was being sold housing wasn't doing so well. I doubt Irvine will need no mello as long as the market holds up.

I think Irvine buyers are used to MRs... it just hurts more twice a year.

I find it interesting that there is no expiration on these bonds... there should be.

Altair pricing is out at least from Lennar.  Prices aren't too bad but I'm afraid that pricing won't be so friendly for the Toll Bros homes.

Its stating that Lumiere is sarting in the upper $1Ms for 3,028-6,579 sq. ft.

I wonder what the 6579 sq. ft. will be at? Mid $2Ms?

Didn't make sense for 3,028 house to start in upper $1M then I realized that Plan 1 is basically a singe story with stairs/landing/deck on the 2nd floor.

Will be odd to go upstairs in that single story home to use that big deck just to look onto a street and your neighbors house.

aquabliss said:
Didn't make sense for 3,028 house to start in upper $1M then I realized that Plan 1 is basically a singe story with stairs/landing/deck on the 2nd floor.

Will be odd to go upstairs in that single story home to use that big deck just to look onto a street and your neighbors house.

That plan is for old people to own and you only go the deck for parties or if you want to chase your grandkids away from the ground floor

Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:

That plan is for old people to own and you only go the deck for parties or if you want to chase your grandkids away from the ground floor

It's just weird to have a large deck on the 2nd story in the FRONT of your house.  There are a good number of Plan 1's that have no view and just look out to the street and right at your neighbors house.

I can see maybe something like this in a beach city or Hawaii, but in the suburbs it is misplaced.

Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:

Older people aren't going to like that deck. Anyone who wants a single story is going to say what good is a deck I have to go up stairs to get to? They should make an option to enclose it and use it as a bonus room or extra bedroom with maybe a smaller deck facing the street since other homes have front yard decks.

Starting prices out for Toll Bros.

http://app.update.lennar.com/e/es?s=216761605&e=37975&elqTrackId=049244e86a9c4cb183c5c6676d6856e2&elq=6849f0e033044f0e9e7502feee69b195&elqaid=13448&elqat=1

Looks like 3% broker co-op across the board.  That is definitely on the high end of broker co-ops out there.  Makes me wonder why they are offering so much.  Did they learn from what happened in Beacon Park?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Looks like 3% broker co-op across the board.  That is definitely on the high end of broker co-ops out there.  Makes me wonder why they are offering so much.  Did they learn from what happened in Beacon Park?

What happened in Beacon Park?

AA said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

What happened in Beacon Park?

They weren't offering 3%...they started out with flat fee broker co-ops...like $10k-$25k which equated to around 1.5-2%.  Then some builders got motivated and bumped up the broker to 2.5-3% to get things moving. 

anyone heading to the broker preview?

if MR looks reasonable, I suspect presale may do well for some of the more desirable lots/phase 1 pricing

Back