Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

Cool Wizal,

I realize I did not grab any brochures for the homes so I'll have to stop by again to see what upgrades are included with the home.  Did you find that you need to upgrade quite a bit still?  I expect that the models are mostly upgraded entirely and probably adds a 500k premium to the base price.

Those windows are spectacular. Expensive, but well worth it if you can afford.

You can't get that from Lennar or any other builders in Irvine.

Thanks!  I got the Elite.  Options like flooring, countertops, fixtures not detailed yet.  I login to the myToll site and shows the upgrades but doesn't show what a hardware set 2 is  compared to set 3.....stuff like that.  I still have to go to the design studio.  Since this is a brand new product for Toll, they are working it out as we speak.  I know the project manager and sales have been pushing the execs to include more than usual upgrades.  This is probably done to help compete with Lennar.  For instance the glass garage door on the models is standard.  People should really go see the models to appreciate it.  That 9' glass door is just awesome (and standard). 
Sales team is saying the standards are better than other Toll developments and say are well appointed.

Thanks Wizal,

I will definitely go back and take a look again.  Its a stretch for my budget but they're quite impressive. 

I was there at Altair last weekend.  I have to say I was pretty impressed with the area.  It had a great feel that was different from the other communities.  Price was very fair as well.  Especially interested in Lennar?s Eclipse but they were all sold out.  Does anyone know when they will be releasing the next phase prices??

Just don't forget to factor in the mello roos for your monthly payment.  Anyone know how many years the CFD is?  And I believe it increases 2% every year?

Solano grand opening was today.  It wasn't very crowded, but it was one of the better ones in recent memory.  Live country music, arts & crafts, face painting, BBQ chicken and beef sliders, pasta, chips, pickles, popcorn, desserts and create-your-own gourmet ice cream sandwiches.

Models are worth seeing.  Interesting square toilets and one of the models had impressive backyard landscaping... huge mature trees which is atypical for Toll Bros.  I liked this particular backyard even more than the Alta one that Ronnie was drooling over.  This home also had a doggie room with an interior Dutch door and special dog shower.

Wow better than Alta Vista first model backyard?  Now this I gotta see.  I'll bring an empty cup to catch the drool.

aquabliss said:
Wow better than Alta Vista first model backyard?  Now this I gotta see.  I'll bring an empty cup to catch the drool.

To temper your expectations, there's no view.  But the landscaping was very well done.

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:

To temper your expectations, there's no view.  But the landscaping was very well done.

Must be really great then since they can't distract you with the view.  Still want to take a look.

Trojanman said:
Especially interested in Lennar?s Eclipse but they were all sold out.  Does anyone know when they will be releasing the next phase prices??

Stopped by today. Looks like most Lennar products have sold out through phase 4 save for Starlight which is probably lagging from combination of price point and lots being released adjacent to irvine blvd. They've been releasing around 6 homes per phase.

Also stopped by Estrella by TB, they're about to release the next phase which includes one of the larger 14k sq ft lots.

The Eclipse was not completely sold out, they still got a plan 2 (site 25) available at $1,589,990. 

But sold all except one home from phase 1 though 3, not bad. 

I went to Eclipse and Celestial today as well, I was really not impressed by the three Eclipse floor plans. The downstairs in particular feel off, in one model the front door is in the dinning room, the kitchens have weird shapes and it feels cramped for the size of the plans.

And is it me or the interior design is not great either? A lot of the furniture and light fixtures are not coordinated. My wife wasn't a fan either. Some of the backyards are nice though.

WTTCHMN said:
Solano grand opening was today.  It wasn't very crowded, but it was one of the better ones in recent memory.  Live country music, arts & crafts, face painting, BBQ chicken and beef sliders, pasta, chips, pickles, popcorn, desserts and create-your-own gourmet ice cream sandwiches.

Do they know the demographics in Irvine?

marmott said:
I went to Eclipse and Celestial today as well, I was really not impressed by the three Eclipse floor plans. The downstairs in particular feel off, in one model the front door is in the dinning room, the kitchens have weird shapes and it feels cramped for the size of the plans.

And is it me or the interior design is not great either? A lot of the furniture and light fixtures are not coordinated. My wife wasn't a fan either. Some of the backyards are nice though.

Lennar had another model (the ones across from Alara?), that opened up directly into the living room.  So odd considering the square footages of these homes.

marmott said:

+1 Felt all the Eclipse kitchens felt small. That said I think it sold very well due to being situated higher up in the community.

Celestial 1 was also odd. Too much wasted space with the vaulted ceiling in the great room. Downstairs master and two upstairs bedrooms might work for families with older kids though.

Maserson said:
marmott said:

+1 Felt all the Eclipse kitchens felt small. That said I think it sold very well due to being situated higher up in the community.

Celestial 1 was also odd. Too much wasted space with the vaulted ceiling in the great room. Downstairs master and two upstairs bedrooms might work for families with older kids though.

I actually liked the Eclipse floor plans, especially the next-gen one.  Was semi-close to pulling the trigger, but I'm glad I slept on it.  At the end of the day, I just couldn't look past the $13k mello roos ($13k!) and anomoly site.  Wife also wansn't that high on the location, but I think it will be better once the Great Park is built out.

Solstice is sold out but handed these out anyways.  Aurora has a quick move-in.

Attachments

• Aurora.jpg
    Aurora.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 540
  • solstice.jpg
    solstice.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 451
Back