Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

All the Lennar places stopped giving out price sheets.  They must not want to sell any homes.

I thought most buyers are FCB and it doesn't matter to them. If that is the case, what would happen to OH3?

btw, Toll Brothers price sheet doesn't disclose the MR CFD amount.  They just mention 1.07%+CFD.

Are they trying to hide something? $15k MR?=).

My husband went to the broker preview on 9/28.  He said the mello Roos will be about $3/sqf annually.  Say your house is 4000sqf, then the mello roos is about 12,000. That's on top of the 1.0785% county tax.  Averagely you are looking at paying 1.7% up to 2% of your purchase price.

AD ALERT: He works for Berkshire Hathaway Home Service.  Contact him at junli@bhhscal.com for friends and family incentives on this community. :)

Goriot said:
btw, Toll Brothers price sheet doesn't disclose the MR CFD amount.  They just mention 1.07%+CFD.

Are they trying to hide something? $15k MR?=).

Toll is including an awful lot of upgrades which we haven't seen at HC or OH. These upgrades easily negate at least a few years of higher mello-loos. In addition, there is definitely an appeal of not just being new, but also very trendy (way more updated than HC or Vistas) with their design/decor. The community feels very tranquil as well. If it is in a better location, I could bite.

OCLuvr said:
What is missing in location?

All these homes have the honor of being the closest Irvine addresses to the minimum security prison less than 1 mile away.

Although this wouldn't bother me much and it probably will have no impact on everyday life, unfortunately there's a fine line between perception and reality and all it takes is a breakout + home invasion (or a large prison expansion which is supposedly coming) to tank home prices there.

Movingup said:
Toll is including an awful lot of upgrades which we haven't seen at HC or OH. These upgrades easily negate at least a few years of higher mello-loos. In addition, there is definitely an appeal of not just being new, but also very trendy (way more updated than HC or Vistas) with their design/decor. The community feels very tranquil as well. If it is in a better location, I could bite.

examples?

I just went to look at Altair today. Gate entry and community rec center will be a WOW! What upgrades are included in Altair by TB that?s not at HC or OH? Actually I think Lennar includes more upgrades than TB.

quote author=Movingup link=topic=14432.msg320101#msg320101 date=1506889454]
[/quote]

The club house sits on "environmental anonomy" land per site map if I remember correctly and someone bought this out in previous treads.  be careful.
as far as i know there is no special sweeteners by tb.

You guys must never read brochures or find out what TB offered as standard vs upgrades at OH and Hidden Canyons.

Altair include Caesarstone kitchen countertops, quartz countertops in all bathrooms, upgraded Shaw carpets, upgraded cabinetry, stacking doors, free-standing tub, curbless shower to name a few.

I recommend people to actually tour the models and read the brochures to see what are the upgrades included.

I went by Altair today.  Saw Estrella, Alara and Meridian.  Meridian seems to be selling out quickly but it was completely dead when I was there.  I was expecting more foot traffic.  Alara and Estrella was packed with people. 

Thanks for the info movingup.  I'll take a look at the brochures later to see what upgrades there are. 

Yes there seems to be good foot traffic at Alara.  I do like it but not sure about resale value of the early phase homes as they are close to the street and water drain plus higher MR.  Waiting to see prices on lots 73-75 as they have larger lots with no back neighbors.  Also wondering what the glass wall option would be on Soleil model. 

Longtime reader,  first time post.  57k for the window wall upgrade.  Mine was a little cheaper for the Ariel.

Back