Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

AW said:
No price sheet. Just brochures with floor plans.
They're open tomorrow as well.

AW what state are the homes in?  Are they just framed or some are complete just with flooring and no furniture, etc? 

Will they let kids in if we bring children tomorrow?  Or is it like a "hard hat required" type thing?

nothing ready. not even the models (framed and will be ready in at least 3 more months.
Seems like some are starting framing phase 1 (pre plots)?

They said they can show the club house and such, I haven't seen it but I highly doubt that's ready too.

So basically it's a presale, dusty shoe event.

TB did well with BR and other tracts, might as well try it here

Does anybody know if the Lennar detached Condo's are on a Piedmont style motor court or the tighter alley style?

lnc said:
aquabliss said:
I think that contamination site is just an anamoly.

It's an old military landfill. 
http://www.ocregister.com/2014/05/05/old-spill-near-irvine-school-site-fuels-navy-dump-debate/
The Agua Chinon was once a creek that gurgled when the rains came. It was piped underground when the El Toro runways were built, according to Navy documents, and was essentially flat until current infrastructure work began. About 2,000 feet ?upstream? is another old Navy landfill, known as Anomaly Area 3.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWnAAAAJGM0OGIyNGUwLTM5MmYtNDczZS05YmVkLTk1YjRkY2RiZDg2OA.jpg

n53y7j-irvinehighcontroversyg0504.gif

based on the maps you provided, the landfill looks to be below the anomaly area.  Can they really build homes over a former military landfill?  Who knows whats buried there.  Im sure no one was regulating the crap they threw away there.

what type of landfill and when it was dumped would be good to know

that area (Altair) used to be living quarters (with families), remember driving by seeing the old barracks with playground.  one can assume they won't dump hazardous stuff near where they reside at that time

AW said:
what type of landfill and when it was dumped would be good to know

that area (Altair) used to be living quarters (with families), remember driving by seeing the old barracks with playground.  one can assume they won't dump hazardous stuff near where they reside at that time

I think it's where the school was... I remember they interviewed one of the teachers in that video posted long back, she said the lunch tables at the school used to be caked with aircraft exhaust dust in the morning when she came in.

lnc said:
aquabliss said:
I think that contamination site is just an anamoly.

It's an old military landfill. 
http://www.ocregister.com/2014/05/05/old-spill-near-irvine-school-site-fuels-navy-dump-debate/
The Agua Chinon was once a creek that gurgled when the rains came. It was piped underground when the El Toro runways were built, according to Navy documents, and was essentially flat until current infrastructure work began. About 2,000 feet ?upstream? is another old Navy landfill, known as Anomaly Area 3.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWnAAAAJGM0OGIyNGUwLTM5MmYtNDczZS05YmVkLTk1YjRkY2RiZDg2OA.jpg

n53y7j-irvinehighcontroversyg0504.gif

Environmental thread part 2?

:eek:

Do you know what lots are still available for Eclipse n Celestial?
Besides the broker's commission, does anyone know if Lennar offers any other incentives to homebuyers?
I know  Lennar offered additional incentives (upgrade and closing cost) for Somerset at grand opening!

They were offering $7500 for design center/closing costs if you signed the first weekend.  This was at the Aurora/Solstice center, not sure about their other products.  I'm not sure if they're still offering this.

Also $5000 for closing costs if you go with their in house lender.

Thanks for the info Maserson  :)
Good to know! Lennar usually offers some sort of incentives towards upgrades and/or closing cost for presale homes like they did with Somerset.
I will find out about Eclipse/Celestial and share with everyone.

hello said:
How is Altair selling?  Did anyone on this blog buy there?

Friend of mine purchased Eclipse in pre sale. He told me they sold 15 units across all of the developments during pre sale. Not sure what has happened in the 2 weeks following.

I was only there the first day of the sneak peek and they had sold 3 homes overnight. Believe it was 1 Aurora, 1 Starlight, and one other one I don't recall, maybe Lumiere?  At least one was a overnight purchase from China. 

Hard to imagine brisk sales at these price points.

Luxury homes = >$1.5 million market is very slow with over supply compared to couple of years ago.  Curious to see how this development will play out in this market.

15 homes during presale seems pretty good since this development is not that great in size compared to other new developments.  I still dont understand why people would pay so much money to live right next to contamination site. 

Back