Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

wacoonist said:
Great info!  Do u have the stats for 5A, B and C like # of homes, lot size, builder etc.  Many thx in advance!

We do have a lot of info regarding to PS-5A.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14215.msg285651.html#msg285651

PS-5B and 5C are still pretty far out but according to the original planning document from several years ago, the neighborhood was planning to be gated and are allowed up to 634 residential units. 

Altair is going to have 840 units total but the neighborhood area  is smaller than PS-5B and 5C combine.  These PS neighborhood will be less dense than Altair. 

lnc said:
wacoonist said:
Great info!  Do u have the stats for 5A, B and C like # of homes, lot size, builder etc.  Many thx in advance!

We do have a lot of info regarding to PS-5A.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14215.msg285651.html#msg285651

PS-5B and 5C are still pretty far out but according to the original planning document from several years ago, the neighborhood was planning to be gated and are allowed up to 634 residential units. 

Altair is going to have 840 units total but the neighborhood area  is smaller than PS-5B and 5C combine.  These PS neighborhood will be less dense than Altair.

I've been saving up $1.23/day towards a PS 5B/5C home. Will I get enough saved up in time?

Drove past Altair today....it's pretty far out there.  Makes BP/PP feel like central Irvine.  Musick jail was a lot closer than expected.  South east facing view lots can probably see the barbed wire double fencing.

so we probably should use this thread to discuss Altair vs. uh, the vs/compare thread

to pick things up again, these are the proposed MR from awhile back that Inc posted:

Ihvykuo.jpg

with similar proposed annual 2% increase, you'd certainly want to set aside enough cash each year to fund your property tax expenses...

having said that, I'm personally interested in Eclipse plan 3.. and for some reason wife is good with Aurora plan 3 even though that's likely a detach condo property given lot size with only a handful of lot facing real street (with only one street going into entire neighborhood) - seems ridiculous to pay this much $$$ for a detach condo.

starlight plan 3 might also work too, but that's probably going to be a bit out of the budget.

Seems like not many care that there was a contamination anomaly site in the middle of this development... 

capboba said:
hello said:
Seems like not many care that there was a contamination anomaly site in the middle of this development...

forgot about that. gonna look up those maps again.

If you look at the first page of posts on this topic, the map posted show it is literally in the middle of the development.  Ironically all the later maps used on this post have the contamination site unmarked.

aquabliss said:
I think that contamination site is just an anamoly.

It's an old military landfill. 
http://www.ocregister.com/2014/05/05/old-spill-near-irvine-school-site-fuels-navy-dump-debate/
The Agua Chinon was once a creek that gurgled when the rains came. It was piped underground when the El Toro runways were built, according to Navy documents, and was essentially flat until current infrastructure work began. About 2,000 feet ?upstream? is another old Navy landfill, known as Anomaly Area 3.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWnAAAAJGM0OGIyNGUwLTM5MmYtNDczZS05YmVkLTk1YjRkY2RiZDg2OA.jpg

n53y7j-irvinehighcontroversyg0504.gif

AW said:
Wow. Broker event is Asia central

man this surprised me. my wife kept telling me the interest level is extremely high among the chinese community but I had assumed others will show up too.

ppl came from as far as diamond bar/rowland heights area - even bank loan officers showed up.

maybe just here for the free food. heh.

night and day vs GP broker previews though. a few looks ready to buy.

PrettyInGray said:
gld2 said:
How is the broker preview event?  how is the turn out?

Turn out was full and fantastic. There was a bus load of Asian agents, but what do you expect? It's so impressive that Lennar is stepping up to sell high end homes. They are known to offer "all inclusive package" and they are offering the package for these high end homes. Everything is included in a home (including appliances such as sub-zero, wolf, etc.). The clients just need to spend upgrading the flooring and window covering.

ditto on the all inclusive package, stepping up from their usual "everything included" practice. lennar is making upgrade choices very straightforward. even the two detach condo communities start off with monogram appliances while almost all others are another step up.

homes come loaded with technology from automation to sensible smart features (re: none of those annoying specialty vendors - all popular and standardize stuff like Ring, Amzon echo/sonos, etc).

fat CFD aside, the pricing seems to make sense for a lot of the 3.5k+ units.

capboba said:
PrettyInGray said:
gld2 said:
How is the broker preview event?  how is the turn out?

Turn out was full and fantastic. There was a bus load of Asian agents, but what do you expect? It's so impressive that Lennar is stepping up to sell high end homes. They are known to offer "all inclusive package" and they are offering the package for these high end homes. Everything is included in a home (including appliances such as sub-zero, wolf, etc.). The clients just need to spend upgrading the flooring and window covering.

ditto on the all inclusive package, stepping up from their usual "everything included" practice. lennar is making upgrade choices very straightforward. even the two detach condo communities start off with monogram appliances while almost all others are another step up.

homes come loaded with technology from automation to sensible smart features (re: none of those annoying specialty vendors - all popular and standardize stuff like Ring, Amzon echo/sonos, etc).

fat CFD aside, the pricing seems to make sense for a lot of the 3.5k+ units.

Is there a price sheet for the Lennar homes floating around somewhere?  I know website has ballpark figures. 

Back