Your chance to vote WINEX off the island!

I take back my vote, you can just subtract it from your total. See you guys, it's been really fun being a part of the IHB and TalkIrvine. Good luck.

[quote author="Trooper"]And here you have it folks, a real live version of what I have to deal with on a daily basis. Winex, I have no intention on debating you because you are so out there, there is nothing I can say to change anything. I enjoyed the ability to "block" you on the other blog. Mods, can we create that feature?[/quote]

Before you get too wrapped up in your "Help me, I'm a victim tirade", I'll take this opportunity to state my opinion on another recent event that should be totally uncontroversial. ( Yet somehow I know that a certain segment of this forum will still try to give me grief on the topic )

I'm not only against Federal tax dollars going to ACORN to pay for counselors who give advice to pimps on how to break immigration and tax laws while setting up (heterosexual) child prostitution rings, I would be against ACORN (or any organization) counseling people on how to get away with the establishment of child prostitution rings even if they did so with private money.

I'm sure several of you are confused by my reference to moral turpitude involving heterosexual sex, but if you examine each case closely, you just MIGHT find common ground. I think that we need to protect vulnerable members of society from predators.

I thank God for giving Andrew Breitbart the wherewithal to expose the predators at ACORN, and now the exposure of Kevin Jennings.

Pretty controversial, huh?

I can't wait to find out how this one gets misinterpreted as hate speech...

ok, that's enough for me. SoCal's - you should have moderated Winex's behavior. Saying nothing - is tacit approval of it. Your silence makes me wonder if you don't agree with him/her - and that does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I know you and Winex are church buddies, so perhaps that has something to do with it (which is frightening all in it's own right). See you all.

nobody is going anywhere... what happen this weekend? this is starting to sound like my typical holiday get-together... family members are typically so superficial and avoid any in-dept personal discussion or go all out with guns blazing and engage in emotionally heated topics totally in an unloving, unrespectful manner without any rules of engagement.

troop... get back here... I got to go to work early today... we all need to talk,, where is Socal...

He needs to go.

He failed when he crossed the line of describing sexual acts.
Then inferring these acts and associating them with children.

Its one thing to disagree with the gay lifestyle. Its a HUGE leap to go straight to discussing sexual behavior in detail on a public forum. Then mentioning kids in the same paragraph.

THAT WAS WRONG. He only did it for the shock value. I vote he gets a 30 day ban at a minimum for his lame post.

It would help a lot if you would stop the name calling ("stupid", "brain-dead") and back-handed semi-attacks (I do not find a comment about a moderator's supposed "personal issues" to be an effective strategy in pulling folks to your cause). I also don't find your constant mentioning of steppingup's "death threat" effective, primarily because I don't believe for a second that you are that much of a p***y to actually still feel threatened by what she said, oh, forever ago. Instead it just drowns your message with the sound of a crying baby.

To reiterate, cut out the name calling and whining and you might actually have more folks engage in conversation with you and listen to what you have to say.

I'd rather not see any member go as long as they aren't purposely trying to create ill will.

I think it would be safe to say that winex isn't totally innocent in that regard but some of the responders are retaliating in kind so it becomes a mess.

I think an Ignore function would work wonders here and if after a number of moderator warnings, a ban.

If someone doesn't agree with how a moderator is moderating, that's not an easy situation but that's why there are multiple mods. In the end, the mod's decision is what the forums follows and even though it may be seen as unfair, that's part of what you have to accept to be a member in this community.

I have a question for Winex, during the last few months on the IHB, you were rarely posting, why so active on TalkIrvine now?

I don't know if you will recall some of my posts on this topic from the other forum, but I came from a very rough background. I am a high school dropout, but also have an MBA. There are a few people here who know the kinds of things I work on, and while I don't feel like discussing them publicly, I don't mind telling you that I develop the kind of systems that you see on the Discovery channel. I've got a life that most people love to have.

Not much of a life if you ask me. I see addictive behavior here.
You were posting here almost your entire Sunday.

10:18 AM
10:27 AM
12:21 PM
12:24 PM
12:25 PM
1:53 PM
3:28 PM
3:30 PM
5:09 PM
5:38 PM
5:42 PM
5:44 PM
8:57 PM
9:08 PM
9:09 PM
9:19 PM
9:31 PM
10:36 PM

While most of us are out Shopping, Brunch with Family, Football
and generally enjoying our weekend.

You on the other hand are doing something completely different
with your Sunday just hunkered with your computer spewing hate.

d9f52e0469398513ad24e5b0935ffa61.jpg

winex

I bet I am one of the most conservative, redneck, country boy, NASCAR loving, off roading, gun toting, people on both of these boards and I have survived for 2 or 3 years so hang in there with differing opinions made in a positive way. There is no excuse for "nuking" posters.

It took me many years to learn that.

I like to be thought of as a liberals worst fear-basically a "HIGH-TECK REDNECK"

enjoy!

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I'd rather not see any member go as long as they aren't purposely trying to create ill will.

I think it would be safe to say that winex isn't totally innocent in that regard but some of the responders are retaliating in kind so it becomes a mess.

I think an Ignore function would work wonders here and if after a number of moderator warnings, a ban.

If someone doesn't agree with how a moderator is moderating, that's not an easy situation but that's why there are multiple mods. In the end, the mod's decision is what the forums follows and even though it may be seen as unfair, that's part of what you have to accept to be a member in this community.

I have a question for Winex, during the last few months on the IHB, you were rarely posting, why so active on TalkIrvine now?[/quote]

I think this whole thread sets a bad precedent. I don't agree with the manner in which Winex makes his points but I don't think this is the way to respond.

My vote is for Winex to stay.

We should work on better ways to moderate, develop an ignore button, and in general dump these wedge issues as topics in the watercooler.

[quote author="xsocal"]winex

I bet I am one of the most conservative, redneck, country boy, NASCAR loving, off roading, gun toting, people on both of these boards and I have survived for 2 or 3 years so hang in there with differing opinions made in a positive way. There is no excuse for "nuking" posters.

It took me many years to learn that.

I like to be thought of as a liberals worst fear-basically a "HIGH-TECK REDNECK"

enjoy![/quote]

XSoCal, if you go to the origin of this thread, you will find that it is a response to a moderator who was trying to make a case to ban me based on imagined offenses.

The owners of this forum (or any other) forum couldn't keep me out if I wanted to come here. But that's really irrelevant. I don't go where I am not welcome.

I have absolutely no respect for the moderator who got the ball rolling here. Not only because of imagined offenses, but also for the public nature of handling the supposed offense. The PM function works here, but it was not used by the moderator in question.

While I have no respect for the moderator who triggered things, there are quite a few members of this community that I have a great deal of respect for. Therefore, I put the question of whether I am a disruptive presence of no value to the community to the community to decide.

Fair enough?

[quote author="bltserv"]He needs to go.

He failed when he crossed the line of describing sexual acts.
Then inferring these acts and associating them with children.

Its one thing to disagree with the gay lifestyle. Its a HUGE leap to go straight to discussing sexual behavior in detail on a public forum. Then mentioning kids in the same paragraph.

THAT WAS WRONG. He only did it for the shock value. I vote he gets a 30 day ban at a minimum for his lame post. [/quote]

You have quite an imagination.

[quote author="caycifish"]It would help a lot if you would stop the name calling ("stupid", "brain-dead") and back-handed semi-attacks (I do not find a comment about a moderator's supposed "personal issues" to be an effective strategy in pulling folks to your cause). I also don't find your constant mentioning of steppingup's "death threat" effective, primarily because I don't believe for a second that you are that much of a p***y to actually still feel threatened by what she said, oh, forever ago. Instead it just drowns your message with the sound of a crying baby.

To reiterate, cut out the name calling and whining and you might actually have more folks engage in conversation with you and listen to what you have to say.[/quote]

I can't stand the suspense any longer. How did you vote?

winex

If it comes to either you or trooper leaving then my feelings are: "see ya later buckwheat."

Lets make this a place for open discussions without hositility. There is plenty of that to go around in the real world.

I dont wish people like you would leave, but rather eventually come to a realization that your moral compass need not apply to anyone but yourself.

Establishing that homosexuality is "deviant" behavior (to use your words) shouldn't really be on your short list of things to impose upon other people. People cant change who they are, and bigotry or spiteful rhetoric on these issues is akin to racism on race issues.

On the other hand, this whole "should I stay or go" thread is nothing more than a big "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME" thread. I dont go for the whiny [bovine excrement]. Make your own decisions.

[quote author="Mojo"]I dont wish people like you would leave, but rather eventually come to a realization that your moral compass need not apply to anyone but yourself.

Establishing that homosexuality is "deviant" behavior (to use your words) shouldn't really be on your short list of things to impose upon other people. People cant change who they are, and bigotry or spiteful rhetoric on these issues is akin to racism on race issues.

On the other hand, this whole "should I stay or go" thread is nothing more than a big "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME" thread. I dont go for the whiny [bovine excrement]. Make your own decisions.
[/quote]

This conversation might be a little more productive if you had a higher level of literacy. Let's start with the definition of the word "deviant"; From Merriam Webster's website:

http://m-w.com/dictionary/deviant

Main Entry: de-vi-ant
Pronunciation: -ənt
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century

: deviating especially from an accepted norm <deviant behavior>

? deviant noun

I didn't make up the definition of the word "deviant", but I do now how to use it properly in a conversation.

[quote author="xsocal"]winex

If it comes to either you or trooper leaving then my feelings are: "see ya later buckwheat."

Lets make this a place for open discussions without hositility. There is plenty of that to go around in the real world.

[/quote]

That's nice. But that has nothing to do with what this thread is about. I mentioned that the Obama "Czar of Safe Schools" has a history that includes teaching teenagers about the joy of fisting and passing out guides to leather bars in Massachusetts to high school students.

A moderator publicly claimed that I was violating TOS for spreading hate speech.

When I asked where I had done so, the same moderator stated that she slapped me with the TOS based on things she thought I was thinking.

With that as a basis for a TOS violation, there is no possible way for me to avoid being slapped with TOSes left and right.

To be perfectly blunt, I don't have time for crap like that. Therefore I'm approaching the community to determine whether I should stay or not.

There are no conditionals related to any other member of this community.

Back