Your $.02 on the Following Communities

hoofhearted

Hello all, I just want to say thanks for your input on North Park.

I was giving my wife the update on your opinions about it, so per my wife;

"What is TI's take on, Laguna Altura and Quail Hill?

IMO, I can't believe how fast Laguna Altura appreciated because to me, it's pretty bland. As for QH, I remember one of the super respected members of IHB said that it was poor quality products in a good location.

What exactly is commanding such high prices? FCB's?
Nihao!

I don't like LA but I'm clearly not representative of the market. The appreciation in price speaks volumes.

What I dislike:
Living in a wok
Living next to major freeways
Poor walkability to retail
High price but no view

Between QH and LA, I would rather live in QH. No wok and some views.

LA is sort of last enclave for University High lovers....it also came at a time when it was really the only new community (along with Lambert Ranch).  I think at this point, LA has turned into a FOB/Asian enclave and is being sold that way. 

Asians don't really do walking to retail anyways.  It was gated and "exclusive".

Irvinecommuter said:
LA is sort of last enclave for University High lovers....it also came at a time when it was really the only new community (along with Lambert Ranch).  I think at this point, LA has turned into a FOB/Asian enclave and is being sold that way. 

Asians don't really do walking to retail anyways.  It was gated and "exclusive".

I don't like LA because of the walking to retail. The same I do not like Baker Ranch and PS.

Who is actually walking to retail from their homes?  I wouldn't consider many homes that are truly walkable even within the `walkable neighborhoods'. 

paydawg said:
Who is actually walking to retail from their homes?  I wouldn't consider many homes that are truly walkable even within the `walkable neighborhoods'.

Woodbury/Stonegate is walkable to retail and a lot of people do it.

I can say from personal experience as a prior owner and a broker on multiple transactions in LA, that there are a lot of misconceptions about this community.  LA has a ton of young families and a lot fewer foreign investors that people think.  When we sold our home, all of the buyer interest was from working professionals from very diverse backgrounds.  We had people view our property from New York, San Francisco, Greece, Ireland, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, France, China, the Philippines, Japan, and many other places . . . as well as locals from Irvine, Newport and Laguna. The interest was from an extraordinarily diverse buyer pool.  Ultimately, we sold to a local young professional couple. 

Most know I think QH is superior to Laguna Woktura. Sure, their home values rose like crazy but their products are all the same box on box style that is the trend now.

I don't even like Hidden Canyon,  I would rather spend $2-3m on a Vicara single loaded home with a view in QH.

How can you not like Hidden Canyon?  The floor plans are great.  The location is whatever's but I'd pick it over LA or WH any day.

shadyoc said:
How can you not like Hidden Canyon?  The floor plans are great.  The location is whatever's but I'd pick it over LA or WH any day.

Floor plans are pretty good. But, location is even better. It's much closer to the ocean where you can feel the temperature difference as compared to OH. Easy access to both 5 and 405 Fwy. It's also super close to the new center of Irvine, just minutes from Spectrum. Can't beat that.

eatthis said:
shadyoc said:

Floor plans are pretty good. But, location is even better. It's much closer to the ocean where you can feel the temperature difference as compared to OH. Easy access to both 5 and 405 Fwy. It's also super close to the new center of Irvine, just minutes from Spectrum. Can't beat that.

At least the developers were smarter than LA. They didn't put the main entrance off of a freeway entrance.

Back