You don't have to go all the way to Napa or Vegas for Thomas Keller much longer

graphrix_IHB

<a href="http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/food/la-fow-keller9-2008jul09,0,165795.story">He is coming to LA to open up a Bouchon in Beverly Hills</a>.

<em>

The chef at the new Bouchon will be Rory Herrmann, currently chef at the private dining room of Keller's Per Se in New York City. He will be working under the direction of Jeffrey Cerciello, who oversees all of Keller's casual dining restaurants.

The new Bouchon will combine what seem to be two of the biggest trends in Southern California restaurants these days. The first is classic French bistros and brasseries run by well-known chefs, such as Alain Giraud's Anisette in Santa Monica and David Myer's Comme ?a in West Hollywood.

It also furthers the trend of nationally prominent chefs opening local outposts, such as Tom Colicchio's Craft in Century City, Laurent Tourondel's BLT Steak in West Hollywood and Mario Batali's Mozza on Melrose.

Keller is generally acknowledged to be one of the greatest chefs in America. He is certainly the only one with two restaurants with 3-star ratings from the prestigious Michelin Guide (he is equaled only by French chef Alain Ducasse).

Keller made his first great success with the French Laundry in Yountville, Calif., which opened in 1994. It quickly became a sensation with his inventive multi-course menus of perfectly wrought small dishes. He followed that with Per Se in Manhattan in 2004, offering similar fare.</em>

IHB road trip splurge one night? Maybe get Trooper to join us, and take us to some of her favorite bars afterwards? ;-)

I've tried his food at Per Se in NYC. It was fantastic. I had to make reservations 2 months in advance but it was worth it. Has anyone tried his bistro places in Vegas or Napa?

The napa place was great also. I managed to get a last minute spot for my wife and I. I just left it up to the chef and had a wonderful (if not cheap) time.

Thanks

-bix

bouchon in vegas -- the bistro food is good although imo steak & frites can only get so interesting. breakfast at bouchon is wonderful though. always my last stop before heading out of town.

Went to Bouchon in Vegas over the July 4th weekend for breakfast. Great atmosphere and great food. The place reminded me of an old cafe in Prague minus the smoke. Had the french toast and croque madame. You could tell they paid attention to detail. Good stuff!

<em>IHB road trip splurge one night? Maybe get Trooper to join us, and take us to some of her favorite bars afterwards? </em>

G, where is Yountville ? Must be near S.F. ? ;)

On a side note, not sure if you saw the last Flipping Out....but Il Capriccio was figured prominently !

[quote author="Trooper" date=1216363631]<em>IHB road trip splurge one night? Maybe get Trooper to join us, and take us to some of her favorite bars afterwards? </em>

G, where is Yountville ? Must be near S.F. ? ;)</blockquote>

Yountville is in the Napa region. Just few miles North of Napa. Lovely place.

I would be a happy camper if Alice Waters is here too in Southern Cal.

Back