Yorba Linda Kerrigan Ranch - "Evil House"

Last week we went to look at a bank owned property in Kerrigan Ranch. An agent told us about this house on Cleveland Bay. Apparantly the Asian gentleman living in it said the house was evil (hence the large yin and yang symbol in the driveway for balance) and he proceeded to gut the kitchen, cut the pool equipment lines with a saw and cut electrical to the house. I wonder if:

a: he was crazy

b: the house was really "evil" (just putting it out there)

c: looking to exact revenge on the bank for foreclosing on him

It's the lowest price house I have ever seen in Kerrigan Ranch

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Yorba-Linda/19471-Cleveland-Bay-Ln-92886/home/5925242

Any thoughts???

[quote author="BurnedbyToll" date=1243771981]Last week we went to look at a bank owned property in Kerrigan Ranch. An agent told us about this house on Cleveland Bay. Apparantly the Asian gentleman living in it said the house was evil (hence the large yin and yang symbol in the driveway for balance) and he proceeded to gut the kitchen, cut the pool equipment lines with a saw and cut electrical to the house. I wonder if:

c: looking to exact revenge on the bank for foreclosing on him</blockquote>

Obviously it was a failed flip, and the buyer was bitter that home prices do not always go up...

May 29, 2009 Listed $935,055 -- SoCalMLS #P689235

Mar 05, 2009 Delisted * -- Inactive MRMLS #6

Mar 05, 2009 Delisted * -- Inactive MRMLS #5

Mar 05, 2009 Delisted * -- Inactive MRMLS #4

Mar 04, 2009 Sold $930,120 -- Public Records

Mar 02, 2009 Listed * -- Inactive MRMLS #6

Mar 02, 2009 Listed * -- Inactive MRMLS #5

Mar 02, 2009 Listed * -- Inactive MRMLS #4

Jan 15, 2009 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #3

Jan 14, 2009 Listed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #3

Sep 13, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Sep 11, 2008 Relisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Jun 20, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Jun 20, 2008 Relisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Jun 06, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Jun 06, 2008 Relisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

May 24, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

May 24, 2008 Relisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Apr 29, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Apr 28, 2008 Relisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Apr 13, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive MRMLS #1

Apr 03, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Apr 02, 2008 Relisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Mar 20, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Mar 19, 2008 Relisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Mar 07, 2008 Delisted * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Dec 11, 2007 Price Changed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Oct 25, 2007 Listed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2

Oct 09, 2007 Listed * -- Inactive MRMLS #1

Dumb ass.

That enormous yin yang is hilarious, but I guess you have to go to extreme measures when you purchase a property with a 4 in the address.

I'll guess: all three! He is really just trying to make somebody else suffer but he knows at some level it's his fault and, insofar as he's been "cheated", he's punishing the wrong people anyway. So he rationalizes it as "the house is evil" so he can pretend to himself that he isn't being evil himself. Which is nonsense, making him crazy.

[quote author="QH Renter" date=1243810222]That enormous yin yang is hilarious, but I guess you have to go to extreme measures when you purchase a property with a 4 in the address.</blockquote>

What happens if you have both a 4 and an 8 in the address? Do they balance each other out?

This is such a steal for that price. I personally don't believe any of his evil house nonsense. I wish I could purchase it but can't sell my current home now. I'm sure it will sell for much higher than what the bank is asking for now. It's truly an impressive home with a lot of potential and Kerrigan Ranch is one of the best communities in YL.

It might be a steal if you are a contractor and can get all of the damage fixed. This house will need alot of money dumped into it. This guy damaged just about everything. Don't be surprised if there is concrete flushed down the toilets on this one. (He cut electrical, pool equipment lines and the kitchen granite is in the back yard (not in one pice I might add) There are alot more factors with regard to price than price per square foor with houses like this. It will be interesting to see what it closes at. The bank owned on Steeplechase is in much better shape.

[quote author="BurnedbyToll" date=1244036494]It might be a steal if you are a contractor and can get all of the damage fixed. This house will need alot of money dumped into it. This guy damaged just about everything. Don't be surprised if there is concrete flushed down the toilets on this one. (He cut electrical, pool equipment lines and the kitchen granite is in the back yard (not in one pice I might add) There are alot more factors with regard to price than price per square foor with houses like this. It will be interesting to see what it closes at. The bank owned on Steeplechase is in much better shape.</blockquote>

You're right in that it will need money into it. But it can't be too hard to find contractors willing to deal on bulk work like this one. It's very disheartening to see someone do this to their own home. The ones on Steeplechase are nice, but the view isn't as great as Cleveland Bay's. I certainly hope everything works out for the best in the housing sector.

One huge factor in favor of this house is that it is a single story over 4000 square feet. That is rare. Still, I hate dealing with contractors. Been there, done that.

[quote author="Geotpf" date=1243993661]

What happens if you have both a 4 and an 8 in the address? Do they balance each other out?</blockquote>

In Cantonese, it means your surviving spouse and children will have a large sum of inheritance. ;)

i think if someone knows they can fix this place up for a low cost , could be good. just kinda scary as it seems like the type of place that you buy as is only to find a million problems not caught at the inspection, surprise !!! i dont have experience with this but i guess if the price is right then it could be good. does anyone know the accepted price by the bank on steeplechase?

I just spoke to the agent representing the property for the bank and he can't release the price till the contingencies are removed and they are in that process right now. He is the only agent who has been honest in saying that the tidal wave of coming foreclosures has to push the prices down.

Back