Woodbury/WBE Sales Pace?

irvinehomeowner

So how are the Woodbury sales going?

I checked Montecito and Sonoma over the weekend at it seems that all their current phases are "sold". But, it does seem like they are moving through the interest list pretty quickly as the last time I went, when I asked about our chances if we registered now, they said they we can probably get into the next phase release.

People on the list are either not getting qualified, no longer interested or waiting for different locations/plans. I would assume that Carmel has the slowest sales rate of all the products by sheer virtue that it's priced the highest. I actually think that if not for Carmel, Montecito and Sonoma would not sell as well.

Since I only focus on the SFR products, I am interested in how the other ones are selling such as Las Casellas and the WBE properties. I know that Santa Cruz (?) is selling well because it was the only one I visited at WBE.

What amazes me is that they keep raising the prices every release. That's pure marketing because there is no way that construction costs are going up, they just want to to give the impression of urgency to on-the-fence buyers and also to build a cushion in case they have to do price drops or incentives in the future when the FCB pool dries up.

I think all 36 homes (out of 78) in Monterey are Sold (atleast have the sold buttons) maybe 1 plan 1 is still left (not sure).
Release of last 6 homes on trabuco side next week.

irvinehomeowner said:
So how are the Woodbury sales going?

I checked Montecito and Sonoma over the weekend at it seems that all their current phases are "sold". But, it does seem like they are moving through the interest list pretty quickly as the last time I went, when I asked about our chances if we registered now, they said they we can probably get into the next phase release.

People on the list are either not getting qualified, no longer interested or waiting for different locations/plans. I would assume that Carmel has the slowest sales rate of all the products by sheer virtue that it's priced the highest. I actually think that if not for Carmel, Montecito and Sonoma would not sell as well.

Since I only focus on the SFR products, I am interested in how the other ones are selling such as Las Casellas and the WBE properties. I know that Santa Cruz (?) is selling well because it was the only one I visited at WBE.

What amazes me is that they keep raising the prices every release. That's pure marketing because there is no way that construction costs are going up, they just want to to give the impression of urgency to on-the-fence buyers and also to build a cushion in case they have to do price drops or incentives in the future when the FCB pool dries up.

waitin4ever said:

Santa Cruz is not a SFR. It is a dettached condo.

rounderx54 said:
Santa Cruz is not a SFR. It is a dettached condo.
Yes, which is why I'm interested in how those are selling. I have only been tracking the SFRs in Woodbury so I don't know how sales have been for the condo products such as Santa Cruz.

Last time we went to Santa Cruz they had a list with unsold units from past phases, so it seems they are not selling as well or as quickly as Montecito or Monterey.  Coronado seemed to be selling pretty well, especially the plan 2's that had street entrance vs. motor court entrance.

Got a call from Santa Cruz and was told two plan 3s were available. I guessed it was not selling so well as you might thought. (I registered in Feb).  For Coronado, I visited it more than a month ago, you could buy plan 1 and plan 3 by walk in. 

So the attached products are seeing a slow down while the WB Trio are still selling out.

But what about Carmel? I would think at their prices not only are they selling slower but they are releasing phases less briskly... what phase is Carmel on?

wb said:
Got a call from Santa Cruz and was told two plan 3s were available.
Just got an email blast from The Irvine Company this morning. The subject was:

"Discover Residence Three at Santa Cruz"

If they made that den a bedroom and added a shower to the powder... they would sell better.

I'm really surprised about the same thing with montecito 1, sonoma 1, santa cruz 3. For this much money and
total sq ft adding an extra full bath instead of powder downstairs should have been real easy.

irvinehomeowner said:
wb said:
Got a call from Santa Cruz and was told two plan 3s were available.
Just got an email blast from The Irvine Company this morning. The subject was:

"Discover Residence Three at Santa Cruz"

If they made that den a bedroom and added a shower to the powder... they would sell better.

Talked with Coronado Sales Women this weekend. It really surprised me that Coronado is selling so fast (one phase per week). They are now in phase 12 and expect to sell out all 16 phases (expect model homes) by mid of May.

Yes, Coronado surprises me as well. It is so close to Sand Canyon (specially Plan 3) and it is selling so fast. Sales of Montecito and Monterey are also good and looks like they are also planning to close all phases by next month. Sonoma and Santa Cruz are moving slowly.

When i go to monterey area to check out my lot, I'm so surprised at all the activity. The office is always packed
and people driving through the area and walking by the homes that are almost ready to occupy. another release
this week. Then they will have less than 30 homes left out of total of 78.

Montecito is also selling out phases on the very first day of releases as well.

pret said:
Yes, Coronado surprises me as well. It is so close to Sand Canyon (specially Plan 3) and it is selling so fast. Sales of Montecito and Monterey are also good and looks like they are also planning to close all phases by next month. Sonoma and Santa Cruz are moving slowly.

This week Santa Cruz just released 4 homes(Price increased 4k for plan 1 and plan 3) as there plan 2s are not selling for weeks. They are good plans but wonder why they not selling.
Plan 1 and plan 2 are at similar price now. I get confused about all this pricing :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Does anyone know the pace of the WB Trifecta? Carmel/Montecito/Sonoma?

And is anyone moving in soon?

I know Montecito is still selling out or as they told us.  We would be moving soon but we are going to delay the close date for the tax credit.  Might as well get some money back.

Back