Woodbury - Mille Fleurs by Standard pacific

irvine123_IHB

I am interested in Mille Fleurs at Woodbury..Anyone can give me any thoughts? They only have less than 10 homes to be released.

Personally don't like the floor plans which shouldn't matter to you since it is subjective...or the lack of incentives...or the lack of price concessions since they are near close out. However, Woodbury is a nice family community with easy access to the freeways, shopping centers. Have you considered resales? For about $1.5MM, you can find a nice property without worrying about landscaping, window coverings as you would with a brand new home.

Lousy plans with no bed walls. Awkward bedroom furnishings, Windows in bedrooms in conflict with the bedwall. In some cases, a queen size bed overlaps the window. Too much wasted circulation and hall ways in the plans. No incentives can bandage a bad plan.

The tile work was absolutely awful too. The mistakes will cost them big money later. I liked the facade but I felt like I was in a maze. They had two models left a couple of weeks ago for around $1.3mil fully furnished. You would think that the four resale fools would get a clue when they are priced at $1.6-$1.8mil.

<p>The plan two and plan three modles sold between $1.55 to $1.57 million on the day of the release. The plan one model sold for $1.58 million just last week. The plan one model is next to a busy inside street, that is probably why it took a bit longer. All three sold furnished. The two build out homes next to the model are priced at the low $1.3million with $70 incentive...but i think they are sold too. There are about 8 resale homes in that track, all priced between $1.5 to $1.7 million...they will never sell...</p>

<p>Also, it is my understanding Stanpac is going to open another track next to KEYSTONE for smilar size homes. </p>

Irvine123 -

Wondering if you had any info on the pricing since July on these homes... I saw somewhere that they were advertised from the low 1-million... I wasn't sure if that was true...

Grewupinirvine,

There is only one home left as far as I know, which is priced around $1.45 million. It probably has 75K plus incentives on it. They closed more than 15 homes since July, including the models.

<p>Here is a paste of the Standard Pacific email I received on Jan 3, 2008</p>

<p>This is your last chance for the Irvine luxury of Mille Fleurs in Woodbury so don't delay. Homesite 89 features a handsome, Tuscan style Residence Two home with 3,447 square feet, 4 bedrooms including a downstairs guest suite, 4.5 bathrooms, bonus room and 2-car garage, priced at 1,435,000. This breathtaking home includes the finest upgrades, including a dream come true kitchen with KitchenAid® Cabinet Depth Refrigerator, wine cellar, custom countertops and backsplash, and a bead board range hood and island. The master suite is enhanced with extras including a custom tub, shower, countertops, glass cabinets, double-sided mirror door, and more. Designer upgrades are everywhere, from living room fireplace to central vacuum system. Nowhere in Irvine will you find a more inviting, attractive and value-added opportunity than Standard Pacific Homes' final home at Mille Fleurs. Woodbury's rich amenities include a walking close pool and park. Capture the unprecedented final opportunity at Mille Fleurs right now! The sales gallery is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday or after 12 p.m. on Monday. </p>

<p>Sincerely,

Standard Pacific Homes of Orange County</p>

<p>Barbara Trachy

Vice President of Sales & Marketing

Driving Directions:

5 Freeway

Exit Jeffrey and Head East

Right onto Long Meadow

Left onto Vintage

Left onto Townsend Sales Gallery:

34 Townsend, Irvine, CA 92620

P: (949) 387-4000

E: MilleFleurs@stanpac.com</p>

<p>I don't know why, MilleFleurs has been selling really really well - closing that many homes since July at that price range is pretty amazing. I checked the closing price via the county records office in Laguna Hills, and the price has been very stable between $1.3 to $1.4 million from end of 2006 to end of 2007. Off course, the builder did drop price by about 15% from the peak at the end of 2006. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

I see that you went to the county records office in Laguna to see home prices... Since I've never done this before, can you give me some insight to what's involved? (1) Is there a cost? (2) does it take a long time? (3) Do you look properties up by address or some other way?

Thanks in advance!

That site won't give you the correct recently closed transactions, as it takes the county a while to update the property tax bills. For those trying to buy and figure out exactly how much your neighbors paid / how low the builder is willing to go, the only way is either from the builder directly (which they don't usually do), or go to the county records office.

You won't be able to search by address or street name. You need to use the date range, and enter the deed grantor (which is the builder in this case), then open one file a time to get the transfer tax. Based on the transfer tax, you can calculate the original purchase price. Transfer tax in OC is 1.1% of the purchase price. Since the builders are not selling too many houses in OC right now, the list is not that long. This service is free.

The prices have not held up well for this seller...

<a title="Permanent Link to Gimme Shelter ** UPDATE 3 **" rel="bookmark" href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/2007/11/24/gimme-shelter/">Gimme Shelter ** UPDATE 3 **</a>

This home is not in the Mille Fleurs track, instead it is in a slightly bigger home track called Julie's Balcony. They sold out in early 2006, while Mille Fleurs is going to be sold out once the final home is sold. As I mentioned previously, Standard Pacific cut their price by about 15% from the peak price of between $1.55 to $1.65, to right around $1.3 starting end of 2006. At the new price, they have closed at least 15 homes since end of July 2007.

Julie's Balcony has a lot fewer lots available (50 plus if I remember correctly) . Also being the largest home in Woodbury, Julie's Balcony was highly sought after. I was on the waiting list in 2005, and was not able to purchase one. The wait list was 100 plus long with 10 homes remaining at the time. With what we know now, i am glad I didn't get the home!

There has been a recent close for the exact same home as 33 triple leaf for $1.45 million (11/1/2007). On $/ sq ft base, that price is kind of in line with the recent Mille Fleur transactions.

If you reach my comments carefully, you will notice what I said was that price is stable after they dropped 15%. When there are 15 plus closings in five months in one track, the pricing has to be kind of right. Or maybe, the buyers are just all idiots.

<p>I wish there was a way to interview those 15 post-July buyers... e.g., what do you do for a living?... where did you find that suit case full of $100 dollar bills? etc... DId you happen to notice you are getting a 5000 sq ft lot, when you could have bought an ocean view in Manhattan Beach...</p>

I would love to know the answers to those questions too! By the way, some of the lots are relatively big: 6500 sq ft, with 27 to 33 ft deep back yards. I checked out the lots last year.

IR, Julie's balcony is built by John Laing. Mille Fleurs is built by Standard Pacific. You are right, they are adjacent to each other, but the floor plans are different.

GrewupinIrvine, most if not all the Mille Fleurs are move up buyers according to the sales office. They also told me there are many doctors, dentists, and cash buyers.

Back