Woodbury Elementary / Stonegate / Canyon View / StoneCreek

OCMommy

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these schools?  The reviews about Woodbury seem to be mixed, but I am not sure if these are coming from people who actually send their kids to the school?  Does anyone have their kids in any of these schools and can you share your experiences?  My opinion is so much of the school experience is dependent on the teacher. I thought all Irvine schools were pretty good, but after reading this site, it makes me wonder.  Any first hand experiences to share would be appreciated?

OCMommy said:
Does anyone have any first hand experience with these schools?  The reviews about Woodbury seem to be mixed, but I am not sure if these are coming from people who actually send their kids to the school?  Does anyone have their kids in any of these schools and can you share your experiences?  My opinion is so much of the school experience is dependent on the teacher. I thought all Irvine schools were pretty good, but after reading this site, it makes me wonder.  Any first hand experiences to share would be appreciated?

I don't have any of my own kids at WB elem but have heard from other parents with mixed reviews. Are you considering the IUSD lottery to get into another IUSD elementary school?

I was just asking a general question as I now have a friend telling me University Park and Woodbury are not good schools.  It is so frustrating.  I just think these general statements are interesting and really so much depends on the teacher.  Are there any schools in Irvine that are really "bad" as far as public schools go?  I would say probably not, but there are likely some not so good teachers.

I wouldn't worry about it. All the schools in Irvine are fine. Just like at any school, some teachers are good, some not as good, and it's the luck of the draw which kind you get any given year.

What I personally would not like about Woodbury is that it is year-round.

Back