Woodbury East Built out, Sold Out!

lcms2002

Two years after 2010 Home Collection debuts, WE finally is built out and sold out. Now we have a better look for this village. I wonder how residents there view their community. How are the resales doing in WE? I see some coming up to the listing. I remember that there were many pros and cons discussed on this board back then, how does everyone feel about them right now? This may help people to think about the villages that are still selling new homes.

We all know the lack of active participants meant the neighborhoods suck, discouraged and regrets. Price not only went down for all 2010 collections and newer products are now offering driveway and detached for the same price point as 2010.

NICE TRY IHS!!!!! on making conclusions.

I personally am having a really good time in the community. There are no new things that have come up
that i had not thought of before buying here. In the end I'm very happy with many things, palm club
basketball court and two pretty good pools. Lots of kids that my kids play with etc etc.

irvinehomeshopper said:
We all know the lack of active participants meant the neighborhoods suck, discouraged and regrets. Price not only went down for all 2010 collections and newer products are now offering driveway and detached for the same price point as 2010.

Wait a minute. The back of the Palm Club has 2 rows of trees and screening the toll road. The only thing I learned here is when you can't see it then it is not there.

So what is all you guys point. The thread was for people who live in the community to give their opinion.
If you can't accept someones opinion then too bad.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Wait a minute. The back of the Palm Club has 2 rows of trees and screening the toll road. The only thing I learned here is when you can't see it then it is not there.

Wow. So many haters here!  Well I bought in WBE like W4E did and I'm pretty happy.  No smell of carbon monoxide whatsoever nor can I hear any noise from the 133.  I like the fact that it's a pretty quiet neighborhood.  There seem to be a lot of young families here which is great since our little one just turned 1.5 years old. 

I'm not sure about resale values since I haven't really looked, but I've been able to refi twice now (through SGIP) and haven't had any problems with the appraisals. 

scubasteve said:
Wow. So many haters here!  Well I bought in WBE like W4E did and I'm pretty happy.  No smell of carbon monoxide whatsoever nor can I hear any noise from the 133.  I like the fact that it's a pretty quiet neighborhood.  There seem to be a lot of young families here which is great since our little one just turned 1.5 years old. 

I'm not sure about resale values since I haven't really looked, but I've been able to refi twice now (through SGIP) and haven't had any problems with the appraisals.

Yup, there are a lot of haters on this board. People can't seem to be happy with what they themselves like or have bought, but feel the need to slash and burn everyone else. Certainly, the anonymity this board offers goes a long way towards allowing the hating.Every home suits different people's tastes and needs. What I find boring or useless may be exactly what someone else is looking for. Seems like you have what you want and it's working out for you. Unfortunately, some people will rag on that to make themselves feel better.

Arman said:
scubasteve said:

Yup, there are a lot of haters on this board. People can't seem to be happy with what they themselves like or have bought, but feel the need to slash and burn everyone else. Certainly, the anonymity this board offers goes a long way towards allowing the hating.Every home suits different people's tastes and needs. What I find boring or useless may be exactly what someone else is looking for. Seems like you have what you want and it's working out for you. Unfortunately, some people will rag on that to make themselves feel better.

Hating would be if someone was jealous of something you had and put you down as a result. It's safe to say none of the "haters" want what you're about to buy.

Not hating on Woodbury East..but the facts are it is zoned to Irvine HS and sandwiched between Sand Canyon and 133 does not help its resale value.

The way I value villages is location(near any toll roads/freeways/major roads/landfill/high power lines?), location (which schools zoned into) and location (orientation, lot size and view/non view).

scubasteve said:
Wow. So many haters here!  Well I bought in WBE like W4E did and I'm pretty happy.  No smell of carbon monoxide whatsoever nor can I hear any noise from the 133. 

I hope you realize carbon monoxide is odorless.  If I can't smell it, it must not be there!  *FACEPALM*

scubasteve said:
This thread should be renamed to.. "who lives in WBE? Please respond so we can crucify you" =)
Well... everyone is a critic.

Good to see you post every now and then... I recall you hurt yourself... are you okay now?

I posted earlier a few months back that the prices have indeed gone down. But it is not because it is WBE.
It is because prices are indeed lower than 2010 like IHS pointed out in his own tone.
But like scuba I've been able to refi twice without any problem of appraisal.

As for better homes since 2010 collection I like 2 new communities better than
my own and they are portola & stonegate. Las ventanas & San marcos. but they are both
much higher priced than my max limit. Even there IHS has a longer list of negatives!!!

As for all the negatives there are nothing newer that has come up than what I knew of
before i bought in WBE. Fortunately so far the negatives pointed out by people like BK
and few others way back in 2010 are not as bad. especially the road noise.
Noise wise I think sand canyon is probably worse than 133. the toll road for major portion
of WBE is below the level of homes and that may be the reason.

As for construction related stuff nothing major yet at 2 yr mark. There were a few things
that my builder took care of much after the 1 year point. again even if there is, it is not
because it being WBE.

I do see quite a few open house signs. But haven't kept up with the details.

scubasteve said:
gld2 said:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/54-Peony-92618/home/40103033

Can anyone tell me if the price went up or down comparing to the purchase price?

Looks like it went down... original sales price was about $496K according to the OC tax records...

Back