Woodbury Comp Killer

Maybe for people concerned about the competitiveness of Irvine schools - the ghetto schools like Woodbury and IHS are the way to go!  Maybe these schools have more of a balance.  :)

I did not realize Woodbury bused in kids.  I thought they were getting crowded.  In all seriousness, I was at the Doc's office today and bumped into someone that was wearing a Woodbury Elementary t-shirt and so I asked them what they thought.  I also have people that I work with that have their kids at IHS and Woodbridge and both are really happy.  When I asked the one with kids at IHS about the "drug problem" - she agreed there are drugs and drinking, but then we got into a discussion about raising kids with good family values.  Sometimes I think I have a really unique perspective since I read these board regularly!!!!

Weird... foreclosed for $765k but then resold for $650k.

We saw it before it got foreclosed on... it was okay... lots of pet damage and smell.

Pet damage as in urine?  I hear cat urine is the worst, soaks thru to the subfloors and blackens everything.  This will probably be a rental property in about a month when they air out the pet smells.

So "dog-nosed" wall corners huh?  Sorry bad joke but can't resist. 

On a side note 18 desert willow also went for $863k, bought for $1.3 mil, ouch. 

The Motor Court Company said:
Irvine HS, road noise, and pet damage/smell - the top 3 things Asian buyers in Irvine dislike the most. what a great bargain though.

correct me if im wrong but isnt woodbury filled with asians already?  it was when i used to live there 4 years ago.  not too mention, for every big balling asian there is a frugal asian that will scoop up a place like this even with the crappy location and pet smells. the pet smells can be fixed.

irvinehomeowner said:

We saw it before it got foreclosed on... it was okay... lots of pet damage and smell.

We made an offer for $780K before it was foreclosed on.

that's why I hate buying resale. the process is so corrupted such that an house was offered at $780k and closed at $650k can happen

Vinster said:
irvinehomeowner said:

We made an offer for $780K before it was foreclosed on.

Yeah... that confuses me... offer of $780k yet closes at $650k?

I actually think $780k is high because didn't a similar model close for $725k recently?

irvinehomeowner said:
Yeah... that confuses me... offer of $780k yet closes at $650k?

I actually think $780k is high because didn't a similar model close for $725k recently?
That was probably when it was a short sale.

Sorry to disappoint you Motor Court, but Woodbury is getting a brand new high school come 2016, won't be feeding into Irvine HS.

Frankly I won't deny there is a good chance in a few years Stonegate elementary and Woodbury will be at wash; as the legacy students move on and Stonegate will get its own students from Doria.

However, the gap between Northwood and Irvine HS is a different story. Unfortunately Woodbury kids feed into Irvine HS. If you look at the boundary map, almost all of Irvine ghetto villages feed into Irvine HS. Walnut is the designated ghetto drive in all of Irvine. I suspect neighborhoods close the 5 (which tend to feed Irvine HS) will stay undesirable and with lower home prices, will keep attracting lower income demographics and feed the vicious cycle. The establishment of Cypress Village will not help either.

Woodbury - King village of Irvine ghetto hoods

rkp said:
stonegate and woodbury are pretty much identical in location and stonegate has just as big of an apartments ratio as woodbury so what is causing the difference?  or are the numbers so close that its meaningless to look for a difference as next year, they can flip with woodbury higher than stonegate?

I am not disappointed and I am well aware of the possibility WB is likely going to be zoned to the new HS, which makes WB a good investment opportunity right now, for true SFRs.

IrvineHomeBuyer said:
Sorry to disappoint you Motor Court, but Woodbury is getting a brand new high school come 2016, won't be feeding into Irvine HS.

Frankly I won't deny there is a good chance in a few years Stonegate elementary and Woodbury will be at wash; as the legacy students move on and Stonegate will get its own students from Doria.

However, the gap between Northwood and Irvine HS is a different story. Unfortunately Woodbury kids feed into Irvine HS. If you look at the boundary map, almost all of Irvine ghetto villages feed into Irvine HS. Walnut is the designated ghetto drive in all of Irvine. I suspect neighborhoods close the 5 (which tend to feed Irvine HS) will stay undesirable and with lower home prices, will keep attracting lower income demographics and feed the vicious cycle. The establishment of Cypress Village will not help either.

Woodbury - King village of Irvine ghetto hoods

rkp said:
stonegate and woodbury are pretty much identical in location and stonegate has just as big of an apartments ratio as woodbury so what is causing the difference?  or are the numbers so close that its meaningless to look for a difference as next year, they can flip with woodbury higher than stonegate?

Back