Woodburry Place Townhomes and other IAC properties

OCBruinAlum_IHB

I've trolled on this website since '05 but just joined as a new member so this is my first post. IHB is a great source of info so thanks to all for your contributions.

Has anyone lived @ Woodbury Place? Their floorplans look great but after driving around the community I wasn't too impressed with the layout of the complex. Our lease is up in 6 weeks @ Anacapa and we received a renewal offer. Currently paying $1965 for a 2/2, 1028sq ft, 1 car detached... new renewal rate is $1823 for 12-18 mo lease. That breaks down to just under a 10% discount which isn't bad. We're thinking about moving to Woodbury Place or Quail Meadow for a "townhome" type unit unless I can negotiate Anacapa down to at least $1765... $200 off what we're currently paying. Just HATE the LOUD neighbors above us. Any opinions on WP or QM?

Thanks.

[quote author="OCBruinAlum" date=1242417958]I've trolled on this website since '05 but just joined as a new member so this is my first post. IHB is a great source of info so thanks to all for your contributions.

Has anyone lived @ Woodbury Place? Their floorplans look great but after driving around the community I wasn't too impressed with the layout of the complex. Our lease is up in 6 weeks @ Anacapa and we received a renewal offer. Currently paying $1965 for a 2/2, 1028sq ft, 1 car detached... new renewal rate is $1823 for 12-18 mo lease. That breaks down to just under a 10% discount which isn't bad. We're thinking about moving to Woodbury Place or Quail Meadow for a "townhome" type unit unless I can negotiate Anacapa down to at least $1765... $200 off what we're currently paying. Just HATE the LOUD neighbors above us. Any opinions on WP or QM?

Thanks.</blockquote>
Hey there fellow Bruin (UCLA undergrad class of 97 here). I live over at Quail Meadows and really like it. Quail Hill is a very nice and quiet area to live but yet it is very close to everything include the 405/5/Spectrum. Also, parking usually isnt a problem as the site plan is nicely laidout and you don't feel like a sardine. Check on craigslist for what the best deal on the QM might be (it'll be lower than what they show on their website or what they may quote you in person). If you do decide to move to QM, I'll split the $500 referral bonus with you. Let me know if you have any other questions about QM.

I live the the Woodbury Place townhomes... and I can assure you there is NO NOISE from neighbors, and the two car attached garage is soooooo nice.

If you are interested... I will split the $500 referral fee with you too! ;-)

Hey USC, I'm taking your referral fee... hahahahaha!

I am in Quail Ridge right next to Quail Meadows.

Another potential split if your so inclined and move here.

And USC is "spot on" with Craigslist.

Just dont tell them if you fill out an app.

PM one of us for our name to put in the application.

Good Luck !

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1242432977]I live the the Woodbury Place townhomes... and I can assure you there is NO NOISE from neighbors, and the two car attached garage is soooooo nice.

Hey USC, I'm taking your referral fee... hahahahaha!</blockquote>
Boooo, why you gotta be all mean and sneaky like that to a fellow Polock??? If he does move in to your hood and you do jack that referral bonus, you own me some fresh home-made pudding, deal?

[quote author="OCBruinAlum" date=1242417958]I've trolled on this website since '05 but just joined as a new member so this is my first post. IHB is a great source of info so thanks to all for your contributions.

Thanks.</blockquote>

Quail Meadows townhouse is pretty quiet. 405 freeway out back, have to close bathroom window & door at night to sleep, but with the windows open, 405 noise not bad at all, unlike the birds that love to chirp loudly at 5:30am.

Soundproofing quite good, have kids on either side of us, only rarely hear them at all when one of them kicks the wall or something like that. Can hear adjoining garage doors go up and down, but that's about it. Can't hear piano and singing next door unless I go into the garage - silent inside the main unit.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1242439825][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1242432977]I live the the Woodbury Place townhomes... and I can assure you there is NO NOISE from neighbors, and the two car attached garage is soooooo nice.

Boooo, why you gotta be all mean and sneaky like that to a fellow Polock??? If he does move in to your hood and you do jack that referral bonus, you own me some fresh home-made pudding, deal?</blockquote>

Ok, fine... if OCBruin becomes my neighbor and we split the $500... I will make you some pudding. Hahahaha!!! I did feel bad that I didn't make it to the cooking event (I was triple booked) whoops! And you called out for pudding that night too!

But, you have to promise that when I eventually buy my new place your Dad will be available for crown molding with that good old fashion Polish carpentry... ;-)

Thanks.</blockquote>

OCBruin,

I used to live at both Anacapa and WB Place. So I can compare them for you. WB Place is a definite upgrade in terms of having the attached 2 car garage with direct access, once you get that you will never want to go back. The parking situation at WB Place is just as bad as Anacapa since like most of Irvine no one parks their cars in the garage. If you have two mid size cars you can fit into the garages, but if you have a large SUV then the other car better be compact.

Noise wise, it is quieter at WB Place since you only have one or two attached walls and no one above or below. But since the homes are in very close proximity, if you leave your front windows open you may hear your neighbor across the walkway. I would choose an end unit if you want more privacy and side yard space. Also they have a few detached units as well, not sure which configurations though.

Amenities are comparable to Anacapa--club house, gym, business center, and pool (though not salt water). You also have access to the WB Commons resort pools, tennis, and b-ball courts and walking distance to the WB shopping center. If you have kids, there are several tot lots and parks to choose form within WB.

Downsides: more expensive, further from Jamboree corridor (if that is where you work), homes are stacked very close, further from Target (I loved walking to that place...but you get Trader Joe in return), and Irvine PD seems to love ticketing folks in WB for California stopping.

Good luck with your search.

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1242449210][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1242439825][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1242432977]I live the the Woodbury Place townhomes... and I can assure you there is NO NOISE from neighbors, and the two car attached garage is soooooo nice.

Boooo, why you gotta be all mean and sneaky like that to a fellow Polock??? If he does move in to your hood and you do jack that referral bonus, you own me some fresh home-made pudding, deal?</blockquote>

Ok, fine... if OCBruin becomes my neighbor and we split the $500... I will make you some pudding. Hahahaha!!! I did feel bad that I didn't make it to the cooking event (I was triple booked) whoops! And you called out for pudding that night too!

But, you have to promise that when I eventually buy my new place your Dad will be available for crown molding with that good old fashion Polish carpentry... ;-)</blockquote>
Yeah, I've been deprived of home-made pudding...I keep hearing about how the home-made stuff blows the store bought stuff away. I prefer chocolate pudding...hint, hint. :cheese:

I promise that I'll make sure that my dad is available to do your crown moldings (hell, he'll probably even take you to the place where you buy the crown molding cheap too) but just remember it was me that bought that crown molding saw for him. haha

Would that happen to be "World of Molding"??? If so, been there... that's where I bought the crown molding for my last house...

So many to choose from, it's insane! Their catalog is huge! Miss having a house... Can't wait until the time is right again!

Btw... On the pudding... I prefer Chocolate Fudge... it's a deeper chocolate taste ;-)

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1242472107]Would that happen to be "World of Molding"??? If so, been there... that's where I bought the crown molding for my last house...

So many to choose from, it's insane! Their catalog is huge! Miss having a house... Can't wait until the time is right again!

Btw... On the pudding... I prefer Chocolate Fudge... it's a deeper chocolate taste ;-)</blockquote>
Yup, World of Molding is the place. I had a hard time picking out the crown moldings and baseboards too...too many to choose from. My dad was actually get another 20% off the price they had listed because we bought a good amount from them and he loves to barter. I think I paid about $2,000 for all my crown moldings and 5" inch baseboards for the Irvine condo.

Ok, Chocolate Fudge pudding it is.

Thanks to all for the informative replies. We're gonna look at some of the townhomes @ Rancho Santa Fe (Tustin Mkt Plc), Shadow Oaks (Oak Crk) and Santa Rosa (Westprk) today so I'll update you guys on what we find. I'll be sure to PM the winner of the referral bonus :)

Thanks again to everyone!

I, too, live in Woodbury Place. I believe Girl in the OC lives on the other side of the townhomes from me. That's actually good because there's a cat that rooms near the pool and meows every night as if it's in heat. Also seems to be more kids running around and they're a bit loud. I'm gettin' my water balloons ready the next time they wake me up.

All the leasing agents at WP are really down to earth and nice. David is the manager, so make sure he's around right before you sign your lease. He may cut you a deal.

OCBruin --- please post what you find at the other communities. I too live in a 2/2 at Anacapa and looking for a townhome.

Would be interested in hearing what you find.

thanks!

You might want to look in the new apartments across Irvine Blvd from Woodbury. Their highest end, dual level apt looked very nice. The cabinetry and appliances give it a great look and its very spacious. If I hadnt found a home when I did, I might have moved over there when my WoodBury Lane lease ended.

Back