Woodbridge vs new home

<p>I am amazed by how much everyone on here knows about the new home developments in Irvine! We are very attracted to Woodbridge because of the swimming lagoons for the kids - does anyone know if any of the new homes have swimming amenities that are in any way comparable to the lagoons?? Anyone seen any zero entry pools at any of the new communities? </p>

<p>We want to start checking out new homes but not sure which ones to start with - there are so many!!</p>

<p>Movingaround, I believe Woodbridge is the only area with a lagoon-type pool. I've never heard of any other (but I could be wrong).</p>

<p>Are you looking to rent something or buy? </p>

<p>thanks irvine123!</p>

<p>calgal - we are looking to buy eventually - just not sure when!! We are trying to take our time now to decide where we want to live in Irvine - we really like woodbridge but I am going to check out this lagoon at woodbury - I keep hearing that perhaps new homes are the real values right now! :)</p>

If you're willing to go further out to Mission Viejo, Lake MV has swimming beach too.

Here's a blurb on Woodbury in Irvine:

http://www.irvineranch.com/villages/amenities.asp?vnx=2&amen=p

<em><strong>The Commons</strong>

A 30-acre central park and gathering spot. Private area amenities include a 9.3 acre recreation center with: recreation building with multi-purpose rooms, fireplace and barbecue areas; lagoon pool; two junior Olympic pools and spa; adult resort pool with spa; children's water garden; sand volleyball court; tennis and basketball courts; village green.</em>

Another alternative is to simply get to know more people who live in Irvine, and go use their facilities as a guest. I'm not sure about the size of Woodbury's lagoon, but the one at Woodbridge by north lake is kinda small-ish.

<p>Trooper - I know I know!!!! Don't buy, don't buy!!!! At least we can look and dream for awhile - and be prepared to pounce - right! :)</p>

<p>good idea momipi! I do have to say that right now we are in a smaller apt complex - 200 apts or so - and it is nice to not share the pool with tons of people - and tons of misbehaving kids! Since my kids are perfect! ha ha ha.......</p>

<p>momopi: </p>

<p>If you're female, join the <strong>Newcomers Club of Irvine</strong> - you'll meet a lot of great people and you can check out the different neighborhoods when they have events.</p>

<p><em>"I keep hearing that perhaps new homes are the real values right now! :)</em>"</p>

<p>We must be talking to the same people, because I keep hearing the same thing.</p>

<em>"I keep hearing that perhaps new homes are the real values right now! :)</em>"

Builders always win the race to the bottom. Resales always lag, sometimes by years. Unfortunately, the race to the bottom between the builders is not over yet.

<p>hmmm - wonder if it is true - I am at least going to check these new homes out - you never know - perhaps the govt will decide to buy everyone in the united states the house of their dreams - now that would be a good bailout! </p>

<p>Seems like most likely there are no good values anywhere in so. ca right now - reading these blogs I am even scared to put my money in a bank! </p>

Back