With our economy the way it is, we can't afford Sarah Palin

And to think I thought you were going to write about the "Hockey Mom", as we say in the ghetto, "Came up on loot" when she got the makeover.

<a href="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html">Cause, you know, every Joe the Plumber shops at Neiman Marcus.</a>

At least we now know how they got her to look so good. Did she use John Edwards stylist?

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1224833704]Did she use John Edwards stylist?</blockquote>

I would hope that's not a $400 haircut she's got. If so, she got overcharged.

[quote author="Anon." date=1224834945][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1224833704]Did she use John Edwards stylist?</blockquote>

I would hope that's not a $400 haircut she's got. If so, she got overcharged.</blockquote>

I remember that was a HUGE deal. And by comparision (assuming my HP17b still works) this should be 375 times bigger. I wonder why it's not.

Who gives a rat's @$$ who's single story home she's wearing. I know I would never waste my money and contribute to the RNC. The Retarded National Committee got served their just desserts.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1224847457]Don't believe the stick figure. ;-P

You and I are on the same side here, but I could I persuade you to try honey over vinegar?</blockquote>

Screw that. I need to buy a pair of pants and get a haircut, and I'm considering running for VP. Can you spare $150K? I'm good for it.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1224847457]Don't believe the stick figure. ;-P

You and I are on the same side here, but I could I persuade you to try honey over vinegar?</blockquote>

You mean that's not Kate Moss in your avatar? ;-P

I absolutely agree that honey will catch more flies than vinegar but we're talking about conservatives here, they're lesser beings.

Here's a funny thought, ever since Palin was put on the ticket, she's been like an electric bug zapper. Two months ago, the light was bright, blue and beautiful... BZZZZT... x(.

Suckers.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1224857132]Only if you're the mayor of Orange first.</blockquote>

That would make me overqualified. Exactly 5x overqualifed.

The city of Orange had a budget last year of 86,521,132.

Wasilla had a budget of 16,452,430.

What, exactly, was wrong with Kurt Pringle? He has substaintal legeslative experence and as mayor of Anaheim, was responsible for a budget of 1,339,605,336. 31.42x overqualified.

I can throw an Ann Coulter-style firebomb in right now, but I think I'll hold that one back.

not sure what the big deal with the clothing budget is about. all that tells me is she didn't have fancy clothes to begin with and the party wants her to look the part. as a taxpayer i'm hardly outraged, and i doubt RNC donors would be either. 150k is a lot of money but it's 0.18% of the $84m of public financing mccain accepted. not even a single basis point out of the total cost of the campaign. i don't suspect for a moment that barack obama wears a suit from mens wearhouse, nor would i expect him to. how many tens of millions have both campaigns spent on publicists and image consultants? so a 150k to make sure your vp nominee is dressed the part hardly seems out of line.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1224887797]What, exactly, was wrong with Kurt Pringle?</blockquote>

Ohhh.... you don't know about the whole poll guards thing, do you?

[quote author="GOTTI" date=1224887105]but we're talking about conservatives here, they're lesser beings.</blockquote>

No, no, no, and no. With few exceptions, people are not "lesser beings" based on their ideas or beliefs. Certainly call out odious conduct when you see it (see, e.g., reference to poll guards, above), and in the meantime, try to understand why someone thinks differently from you. Once you understand where they are coming from, you stand a better chance of persuading people of your point (or know to not bother). And sometimes patience is the answer.

Eva, once again I completely agree with you. It's just that the majority of conservatives that I come across or see on the tube, they seem to belittle and talk down to everyone who doesn't agree with them. Or they constantly push their beliefs down someone's throat. "I'm right, you're wrong, f*ck you and go drive off a cliff".

Perfect example is Proposition 8. Gay folks getting hitched is a non issue in a heterosexual's life. Yet, once again, conservatives can't leave well alone. Church and state should be like oil and water, but try telling that to people like <a href="http://www.236.com/feed/2008/10/20/from_now_on_pbs_9660.php">her </a>

I know many of my posts have much contempt for the GOP but seeing what has happened to this country for the past eight years, I can't get past the idiocy of the current administration and all the idiots that have supported it and the idiots that still continue to support "Bush44".

It's frustrating to speak to anyone who thinks they know it all. It's because of this kind of ignorance, they've stopped learning completely or don't have the will to learn anything new or to approach a problem in an unconventional way.

The conservative poster's on IHB further prove my point.

Back