Wifi Mesh for house without bundled garbage?

nosuchreality

Any decent WiFi Mesh solutions out there that don't come with forced bundled free trials and data gathering requirements to get the software?

Had to replace to my computer and have spent more time uninstalling garbage and unwinding forced feeds that I've lost all patience with having to agree to data analytics and accepting the free trial of add on software to get the app to run the Nighthawk mesh we also purchased.

use ASUS Mesh. My WIFI is 100% throughout my house. You just need to place the router/nodes strategically and use a cabled backhaul.

I’ve been using Orbi for a long time. Works really well. I thought about upgrading to the latest Orbi but the set is between $1-$2k which is crazy expensive.

There's plenty of good meshes, I'm asking which if any don't require me to agree with giving them all my data in perpetuity to actually get configured and using.

I'd review the connectivity need before spending hundreds on mesh gear.

I needed internet access in my detached garage, which is too far from the wireless router for reliable connection during daytime. The cheap solution was TP-Link power over ethernet ($36 on amazon) + 5 port switch ($10-$20). Not exactly "wireless" but all my devices in the garage (TV, Playstation, etc.) have ethernet ports, so it works.

There's plenty of good meshes, I'm asking which if any don't require me to agree with giving them all my data in perpetuity to actually get configured and using.

How tech savvy are you, and are you willing to go around running ethernet.

Most of the readily avaialbe mesh system, the Anker, Google, EEro, TPLink all collects data.

ubiquiti, Meraki, Aruba still does to some extend, but it's in limited capacity, mostly for error report and some of their internet fail over functions, etc. but these are prosumer level gear, and prepare to shell out decent amount of money for it.

Back