Why Do the Chinese Love Irvine?

Like Mission Viejo, Cerritos has "aged" since 1980s. It's still fairly nice, safe, and not as cookie cutter as Irvine. Liberty Park, Heritage Park, Cerritos Library, etc. are great for kids.

Cerritos Mall and the retail/dining surrounding (South St, 183rd St) it is still alive and some doing very well. Broth Shabu Shabu and the Chuck E Cheese next door is always packed.

The gang bangers who used to live by Petroleum Gardens in Artesia are mostly gone, and the new Artesia town homes are whopping $866K:

However, you may find some homeless near Pioneer Blvd & 91 FWY in Artesia, and areas near 605 FWY or 5 FWY in Norwalk.

Norwalk, Bellflower, Downey, etc. has good parts and not so good parts -- same with Lakewood and Long Beach.

Cerritos has a good food scene and is located in a nice spot to access LA - OC. Library is super nice as well. The city is definitely aging though. The city doesn't invest in upkeep like Irvine does.

Why Do the Koreans Love Irvine?​

I have been wondering that as well 🤣! I haven't heard or seen any Korean FCB's investing in Irvine real estate so they must be all local or coming in from other cities or states and have probably bought their houses in Irvine as their primary residence.

I have been wondering that as well 🤣! I haven't heard or seen any Korean FCB's investing in Irvine real estate so they must be all local or coming in from other cities or states and have probably bought their houses in Irvine as their primary residence.
I've noticed a growing presence of second-generation Koreans in this area, many of whom relocated here in the 1980s.

Recently, it seems like there's been an influx of Korean investors following the collapse of the Korean real estate market.

Additionally, I've encountered a few Foreign Citizen Buyers (FCBs) from both Vietnam and Korea who have shown interest in this area.

I've noticed a growing presence of second-generation Koreans in this area, many of whom relocated here in the 1980s.

Recently, it seems like there's been an influx of Korean investors following the collapse of the Korean real estate market.

Additionally, I've encountered a few Foreign Citizen Buyers (FCBs) from both Vietnam and Korea who have shown interest in this area.
I agree, you see so many Korean BBQ restaurants everywhere in Irvine now more than any other restaurants. There has also been an influx of Korean's in the area with the recent opening of the H Mart in Northpark Plaza.

I recently heard that the real estate market in China is on the brink of collapse as well which is why so many Chinese FCB's are parking their money in Irvine real estate now and are getting max ROI when they sell. Seems like investing in Irvine real estate is a better ROI than the stock market now based on how the home prices keep on increasing year over year! 😄

Why Do the Koreans Love Irvine?​

The IUSD (Irvine Schools) reminds Koreans of schools in the Gangnam District. The $3M Irvine homes and the Fancy Status on Wheels make Koreans think that they are "Oppa Gangnam Style" living in Irvine. Koreans are the Italians among the Asian race and Irvine is the perfect place for them to be so Fashionable and Fancy.

Last edited:
And I mean other than janitors/cooks/gardeners :)
I can’t believe anyone would say this. Why are there so many racists in Irvine is what all this sounds like to me. Asians especially. Very judgy and don’t really mix in. As someone who has lived here all my life it’s pretty disappointing considering I thought Irvine would be all about diversity. Instead it’s very racist.

@Imnotmoving,

I am sorry that you found Asians to be judgmental and some borderline racist? May I ask some of the experiences you may have experienced with Asians that made you feel this way?
I can’t believe anyone would say this. Why are there so many racists in Irvine is what all this sounds like to me. Asians especially. Very judgy and don’t really mix in. As someone who has lived here all my life it’s pretty disappointing considering I thought Irvine would be all about diversity. Instead it’s very racist.

Last edited:
@Imnotmoving,

I am sorry that you found Asians to be judgmental and some borderline racist? May I ask some of the experiences you may have experienced with Asians that made you feel this way?
Lived here a very long time. Did the help out in school when kids growing up, tried to keep all the kids playing and make friends with the parents. Went ok for awhile but the last 5-10 years it’s become two separate worlds and we are treated like we don’t exist. Or treated with contempt. The restaurants aren’t welcoming. People at the grocery store don’t acknowledge you. I thought Irvine was going to be full of the diversity I wanted my family to experience, but I guess it was just me.

@Imnotmoving

Thanks for sharing. I understand how you feel. That is one of the characteristics i do not like about the people in my culture. In terms of numbers, we make up the second largest Asian demographic in Irvine.

May I ask what nationality you are?
Lived here a very long time. Did the help out in school when kids growing up, tried to keep all the kids playing and make friends with the parents. Went ok for awhile but the last 5-10 years it’s become two separate worlds and we are treated like we don’t exist. Or treated with contempt. The restaurants aren’t welcoming. People at the grocery store don’t acknowledge you. I thought Irvine was going to be full of the diversity I wanted my family to experience, but I guess it was just me.

Last edited:
Back