Which shutter compamu is better? Norman or Sunland?

Minionbibi

hi,

Would you prefer Norman or Sunland? Any difference? It's hard to compare the price if the vendors provide diff brand of shutters.

I was quoted on Norman shutter for 19.50 per sf with woodlore plus, is it reasonable?

thanks in advance! :)

I have Norman shutters and I chose them because the mechanism that controls the shutters opening and closing are built into the shutter and not visible.  I haven't seen or researched sunland shutters so I couldn't compare.  Depending on who installs your shutters, you'll probably have to have some of them adjusted as your house settles.  But so far I like the product I got.  I don't remember the exact price I paid but I think it was around 13.50 a sq ft for Woodlore, not the plus.

I had a good experience with this guy:http://www.yelp.com/biz/bella-blinds-laguna-niguel

You work with the owner directly and his prices are good.  Also he doesn't mind you calling him at any time after the install to fix or adjust something.  I did have an issue with one of my frames and he came out the next day and fixed it in 30 min.

He uses Sunland (but can probably order the Norman if you really want it).  Sunland offers the "clearview" option as well.

yes, i have called him to come over for the quote...I asked him to quote me on both Sunland and Norman.

thanks aquabliss!

Like every vendor...make sure you micro manage their work.  I remember having to have them fix some mis-aligned shutters.  Usually not an issue if you call them out at the time of install since they are already there.

Bella Blinds gave me the quotes:

24 openings

15.50 on polycore, woodlore plus, lexwood
15.00 on woodlore

$7000 Sunland-polycore, Norman-woodlore plus,  Sunland-lexwood
$6800 norman-woodlore

so which one do you think is better, Sunland - polycore or Norman-woodlore plus or Sunland-lexwood?

thanks for any feedback! :)

Back