Which Retail Shopping centers are not owned by The Irvine Company (TIC)?

From off the top of my head:

Heritage Plaza and the center north of it (forgot the name, where Caspian is)
Northwood Plaze (or is it Northwood Town Center?)
Arbor Village(?) (where Shik Do Rak is)
The one north of that on Walnut and Jeffrey where the 99 Ranch is
The one on Irvine Center Drive and Jeffrey (Dunkin Donuts)
The one in Woodbridge off of Barranca (where Lamppost used to be and is now a hotpot place)
The one off of Trabuco and Yale avenue (I think it has a Round Table Pizza and a vet)
The airport circle units across from John Wayne on Main

I think I'm missing a few.

zovall said:
I've heard that TIC is aggressive in raising rents for their retail centers and that this is a reason for some of the Closures in this thread:https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1956.msg397597.html

Which centers are not owned by TIC? Is the tenant turnover less in these areas?

I've heard the same.  In addition they only want tenants with proven business track records and excellent credit.  It's why you see the chains restaurants nearly exclusively at every TIC owned center.  Mom & pop businesses need not apply.

It doesn?t seem as if TIC shopping centers have higher-than-average turnover. 

Most of the turnover we?ve seen in recent years is largely due to diverse & changing demographics.  The rest of it is inline with the general market ? a shrinking drug store fleet, mass closures of bank branches (maybe the only surprise was OneWest Bank), etc.  Big 5 may have gotten a better rate, but it?s also moved into a relatively busy shopping center next to Ralph?s.  Albertsons barely had any business, and the arrival of H-Mart is likely to attract additional Asian merchants, which doesn?t fit Big 5?s core demo well.

someguy said:
zovall said:
I've heard that TIC is aggressive in raising rents for their retail centers and that this is a reason for some of the Closures in this thread:https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1956.msg397597.html

Which centers are not owned by TIC? Is the tenant turnover less in these areas?

I've heard the same.  In addition they only want tenants with proven business track records and excellent credit.  It's why you see the chains restaurants nearly exclusively at every TIC owned center.  Mom & pop businesses need not apply.

You are right about TIC's preference to proven businesses and also bigger franchise businesses.    Years ago when I try to rent a retail space from TIC, the first thing they ask is my company name.  After given them the name of my barely 2 month old LLC, never heard back from them. 

Back