Which place has good schools?

cubiczirconia

So other than Irvine, which city in Orange County has good schools?
I was looking at Corona, and one of their school has a 9. But no 10s.

<graph impersonation>
It's not the schools... it's the parent(s)! Look at me, my school was crap yet I actually know stuff... more than IHO.
</graph impersonation>

Thanks Locolocal and USC. Will research further on those areas.
IHO, if I were to be the parent of those kids (looking for a rental property) also, that graph statement would stand;-)

I would cast a vote for the Laguna Beach Schools as well as CDM high and the elementary schools in Newport Beach.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]<graph impersonation>
It's not the schools... it's the parent(s)! Look at me, my school was crap yet I actually know stuff... more than IHO.
</graph impersonation>[/quote]

Funny, very funny. But, a lot does depend upon the parent(s). I got some of my RE knowledge from my dad, who got his knowledge from his dad. My grandpa made some serious coin developing the valley of LA back in the day, so... some of that is useful. Here is a tip from my dad... don't buy a condo during the peak, they will crash harder than SFRs, and never... ever buy a one bedroom condo... they are sh*t and will only lose money. (that is a freebie, next one you owe me my consulting fees)

FWIW, my high school, at the time, was the shite. It had problems, but only involved parents would have known that. I think that is where we have a difference. I know what it is like when a school is going down the toilet, and parents, like yourself, should be aware of when that is happening.

I think most schools in South County are decent and those in the Tustin Ranch area are on par with Irvine.

@graph:
Unlucky for me... my parents didn't know much so I had to get my knowledge from school. But even unluckier for me, I lived in an area where the schools sucked.

But considering what my parents lacked in knowledge they made up for in corporal punishment (anything below an 'A' was belt time) so that pushed me to always be at the top of the class. I spent too much time socializing in college but that's what happens when your parents are strict while under their roof.

Wait... this isn't the parenting thread. Or should I say counseling thread?

Some of the Huntington Beach schools are good. I think there are a couple of 10s in both the Ocean View district and the HB city district.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]<graph impersonation>
</graph impersonation>[/quote]

Hahaha lol...and maybe we can bait tmare back...Santa Ana schools suck! All of them! No exceptions! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Back