Which part of Irvine to move to?

Compressed-Village said:
Well, they are from country of Eastern Europe, Romanian to be exact. How is that racist, I do not know.

I think its better to just man up and admit it sounds straight up racist.  When I brought it up the first time, your apologetic tone seem to imply some guilt (although unintentional).  However this post now seems to be quite the opposite. 

When you post that some buyers are "not foreign" and then in the very next sentence state they are rather "good USA caucasian folks and europeans" you imply white folks are good and not foreigners and everyone else is not.  It is straight racist whether you know it or not. 

meccos12 said:
Compressed-Village said:
Well, they are from country of Eastern Europe, Romanian to be exact. How is that racist, I do not know.

I think its better to just man up and admit it sounds straight up racist.  When I brought it up the first time, your apologetic tone seem to imply some guilt (although unintentional).  However this post now seems to be quite the opposite. 

When you post that some buyers are "not foreign" and then in the very next sentence state they are rather "good USA caucasian folks and europeans" you imply white folks are good and not foreigners and everyone else is not.  It is straight racist whether you know it or not.

Let?s move on. We?re talking about neighborhoods and neighbors in Irvine. My neighbors is my neighbors. If I have Indonesian foreign buyers and if they are good, my remark would be exactly the same.

Compressed-Village said:
meccos12 said:
Compressed-Village said:

Let?s move on. We?re talking about neighborhoods and neighbors in Irvine. My neighbors is my neighbors. If I have Indonesian foreign buyers and if they are good, my remark would be exactly the same.

Yes lets move on, but expect people to call you out if you choose to make racist comments.  Remember you live in Irvine, not Alabama.

meccos12 said:
Compressed-Village said:
meccos12 said:
Compressed-Village said:

Yes lets move on, but expect people to call you out if you choose to make racist comments.  Remember you live in Irvine, not Alabama.

Well said . But just a block away on the same forum you have people trying to recreate a mini Alabama and its retrograde ?Roy moore? values

People here love to bash CA and Irvine while at the same time benefiting from the $$ its diverse economy generates , the food options, and breathing the clean air while bashing EPA and complaining about regulation.

Not far from Irvine in Aliso Viejo, you have parents and students putting on racist "we will trump you" banners and yelling racist "build the wall" chants at high school football game vs Santa Ana.

This is orange county.  :eek:  I imagine things get much worse elsewhere.

Kenkoko said:
in Aliso Viejo, you have parents and students putting on racist "we will trump you" banners and yelling racist "build the wall" chants at high school football game vs Santa Ana.

FFS...  This makes me ashamed to share the skin color and county of the people chanting those things.  I know we're all model citizens here, but to anyone who has experienced racism in Irvine (or really anywhere I guess), I'm sorry :-/ not all humans are like that and they don't represent the beliefs of everyone who looks like them.

On the topic of disappointing things our neighbors have said, there was a post on Next Door about a car that flipped over on Portola Parkway near Northpark.  The first comment was "was it a white Mercedes SUV?"  (it wasn't, it was a black G wagon, apparently no other cars involved and driver walked away).  I don't know what the person's exact intentions were with the white SUV comment, but yah...  sigh...  let's not be hateful m'kay?

someguy said:
Kenkoko said:
in Aliso Viejo, you have parents and students putting on racist "we will trump you" banners and yelling racist "build the wall" chants at high school football game vs Santa Ana.

FFS...  This makes me ashamed to share the skin color and county of the people chanting those things.  I know we're all model citizens here, but to anyone who has experienced racism in Irvine (or really anywhere I guess), I'm sorry :-/ not all humans are like that and they don't represent the beliefs of everyone who looks like them.

On the topic of disappointing things our neighbors have said, there was a post on Next Door about a car that flipped over on Portola Parkway near Northpark.  The first comment was "was it a white Mercedes SUV?"  (it wasn't, it was a black G wagon, apparently no other cars involved and driver walked away).  I don't know what the person's exact intentions were with the white SUV comment, but yah...  sigh...  let's not be hateful m'kay?

I saw that G-Wagen accident. The car looked pretty bad. I?m glad the driver was able to walk away. Those things look cool but I always worry about the high center of gravity. One area where the BEVs have ICE cars beat.

someguy said:
Kenkoko said:

I think the white Mercedes SUV comment was a reference to multiple previous posts on NextDoor highlighting extremely poor and/or aggressive drivers nearly running people over or causing accidents, driving...you guessed it...white Mercedes SUV.

misme said:
someguy said:
Kenkoko said:

I think the white Mercedes SUV comment was a reference to multiple previous posts on NextDoor highlighting extremely poor and/or aggressive drivers nearly running people over or causing accidents, driving...you guessed it...white Mercedes SUV.

Oh wow, I had no idea, thanks for pointing that out :)

aquabliss said:
johnstah said:
Thank you to everyone who has reply. I will be working a consultant working at various companies in Irvine and surrounding Irvine. Thus that is why I chose Irvine as the place to set roots in. How is the vibe if I were to rent right in the Irvine Spectrum Center area? Is that safe enough away from the plume/el toro?

At first I was going to say yes Spectrum Area is far away but looking at the map it's actually pretty close geographically to the underground plume movement:http://i61.tinypic.com/1zcz2p5.jpg

If you're really concerned about it and want to stay far away, focus on Orchard Hills area.  There are some properties on the groves side for under $2M and you will have peace of mind.

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely look into Orchard Hill area. How about South Irvine such as Turtle Rock?

@johnstah:

I like Turtle Rock quite a bit. It's older... but if you don't mind dated floorplans or remodeling, the area is fantastic to live in.

My other recommendation is Quail Hill.

I'm not a fan of the Orchard Hills area, I prefer to stay closer to the central/southern area of Irvine... closer to the 405.

Back