Which Irvine Village deserves the greatest premium?

Which 10 Irvine Villages in your opinion deserves the greatest premium? Up to 10 choices.

• Total voters
The biggest premiums will be the villages closest to the coast and have hills.  The Turtles and Quail Hill.  The rest are just personal preference.

Exactly, personal preference is what this is about. I'm curious to see what everyone is choosing beyond the Turtles. There are some qualities that can not be measured by just the location proximity to the coast, API scores, planning, etc. This is why it is open to a wide selection of votes.

I prefer the elevated areas so that includes the Turtles and the Quail... but interestingly enough... not the Portola.

The one other area that I consider premium in Irvine also jives with the IHB chart, Woodbridge... only because it's the only 'hood with a "lake".

I think they should have done that for either Woodbury or Stonegate since those areas are farther out and need something else to give the flatland some bling.

And I disagree with Larry about Columbus Grove, I don't think it has good value because the MRs are higher and the location (close to the WM dump, Jamboree and power lines) is not very ideal.

I can see that meeting going like this at TIC:

Bren: What do you mean you want to build another lake in Irvine?
TIC-Cronie: The pseudo-elevation, "close to Laguna Beach" and "private gated community" doesn't seem to be working for Laguna Altura.
Bren: Do you know how many detached condos we can fit in that type of space? Especially without driveways or backyards?
TIC-Cronie: But buyers want more since we're giving them less home.
Bren: Put a picture of that IHO guy in every window, then sell them as view lots.

:D

The IHB analysis is great but it truly misses the effect of MR.  VoC 3000+ sq ft house has a $12000 MR while a Woodbury similar house has a $6000 MR.  That additional $6000 equates to approximately $100K on a 30 year loan and on 3000 sq ft, thats $33.33 per sq ft.  It doesnt mean that VoC has other issues for it but it will always be at a discount on a sq ft basis due to the MR cost. 

rkp said:
The IHB analysis is great but it truly misses the effect of MR.  VoC 3000+ sq ft house has a $12000 MR while a Woodbury similar house has a $6000 MR.  That additional $6000 equates to approximately $100K on a 30 year loan and on 3000 sq ft, thats $33.33 per sq ft.  It doesnt mean that VoC has other issues for it but it will always be at a discount on a sq ft basis due to the MR cost. 
But doesn't it? That's why CG/VoC is lower on the premium list than Woodbury because the inherent pricing reflects that.

irvinehomeowner said:
I prefer the elevated areas so that includes the Turtles and the Quail... but interestingly enough... not the Portola.

Laguna Altera is elevated.  Basically, a wok on a range.

Back