Which high school is better?

Northwood. Newer (opened 1999) = better facilities and technology. They also have a reputation for arts programs, which IMO serves as a nice counterbalance to the rigorous academics IUSD is known for. As the higher end new development continues in the northern sphere (mainly Orchard Hills) it is my opinion that Northwood will overtake Uni as the elite HS in the district.

Northwood - better and newer facilities as CK mentioned are a huge plus. The small downside, if you're into football, is that Northwood (and every other IUSD school for that matter) currently plays football games at Irvine High. That could change as there is a proposed stadium for Uni (not sure what happened with that recently).

<p>Tustin High rocks! Down with Beckman! Tustin High has a good central location, multi-cultural, exposure to a wider variety of socio-economic strata, excellent blah blah blah... NOT!</p>

<p>Northwood HS baby. That's where I want my kiddies to graduate from. Uni is out for us, so next choice would be Irvine High, then Woodbridge. </p>

Northwood is the most beautiful high school campus that I have ever been on! And I have been to over 30 local high schools. I'm pretty sure it has great academics, sports, blah, blah, and blah. But just cosmetically speaking, it's definitely king of the hill. Much better looking than Newport Harbor or Corona del Mar High.

Laguna Beach High School... b/c it sounds fabulous. I don't have kids and don't know what I'm talking about of course but that is where the CEO of my company sent his kids.

Nothing wrong with Laguna Beach High, as far as I know. It's got a pretty small student body and is a very nice campus, particularly compared to some other public schools.

It's like a resort town. Everyone living there has known each other from grade school. It's beautiful and all, but it's hard to be a newbie in Laguna.

If newer facilities proved for a better education then Harvard and Yale should be crap compared to Soka U.

I think both are fine schools, although pretty buildings do make NHS a more attractive choice. Kiddos at either will get a good education. And "better" is such a subjective word...

I'm a former Vaq, and I think I turned out alright... ;-)

Back