Which high rise tower is most secure?

QHBruin_IHB

Of all the high rise towers in the airport area, which is most secure? I know the Marquee has a manned gate guard at the entrance, but I'm not sure about the others. ( Plaza, Met, Watermarke, etc )

[quote author="QHBruin" date=1255729820]Of all the high rise towers in the airport area, which is most secure? I know the Marquee has a manned gate guard at the entrance, but I'm not sure about the others. ( Plaza, Met, Watermarke, etc )</blockquote>

They are all secure. This is Irvine.

[quote author="QHBruin" date=1255729820]Of all the high rise towers in the airport area, which is most secure? I know the Marquee has a manned gate guard at the entrance, but I'm not sure about the others. ( Plaza, Met, Watermarke, etc )</blockquote>

Met has a gate but not guard, you can always walk or follow when someone drives thru the gate... once you are in, your in the community...

Same with Watermarke, the concierges at the Club House don't know who walks in or follows residences in the gates; they don't police visitors... anyone can go into the club house with-out a fob, go in, make yourself at home...

Plaza is really secure, concierge at the lobby of each tower, and if you walk in or follow a car in the garage, you need a special fob key to work the elevator, you can't even go up to the pool area... you just wonder aimless in the parking garage like a trapped mouse, feeling really claustrophobic like Castel Frankenstein, until you find the exit... (trust me, it's not fun)...

Ave One is also a maze, usually there are open gates somewhere, but not much to see, the club house is usually lock and empty... boo

Marquee is very secure, guard at the gate & in the lobby...

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1255743436]So you are planning to bomb a tower?

<run away></blockquote>

Why bomb them? They are all self destructing.

I woudn't call Watermarke a tower, it's only 4 floors tall. I just signed a lease there. Security was not a selling point. It's not actually gated, so anyone can walk in. The average IAC complex is more secure, although that's all just for show. No one ever stopped me from entering after another car or just walking in.

Marquee looks secure since it's in the middle of nowhere and it's basically like a fort. However, would you feel secure living in a place that's probably 20-30% occupied? If no one can hear you scream what good is the guard? We were considering renting a place there. I counted at least 3 apartments for sale on MLS on the same floor! (There are about 10 per floor, I think.) We walked around the building in the evening to see how many windows were lit. It didn't get the "North Korean Towers" nickname for nothing. I am actually puzzled why those apartments haven't been rented for so long. I would think that any rent is better that none, but that's just me.

Overall, I think that security is not really a factor in the places that are in Irvine. I am not sure about the ones in CM/SA since I haven't been to those.

Back