Where's a good place to get your car smogged?

[quote author="QHBruin" date=1253233018]I need to get my car smogged by Sunday, and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations.

Thanks!</blockquote>

I use Toma Smog in Orange. When it comes to smogs, it really doesn't matter. They are all exactly the same.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1253233204][quote author="QHBruin" date=1253233018]I need to get my car smogged by Sunday, and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations.

Thanks!</blockquote>

I use Toma Smog in Orange. When it comes to smogs, it really doesn't matter. They are all exactly the same.</blockquote>

They are not all the same. You may want to check here first: <a href="http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=SMS&p_qte_pgm_code=1310">License Search for Smog Check Station</a>

Maybe I was unclear. If your regestration says "test only" you must go to a test only. If not, you can go to any smog station.

The one I recomended is a test only and can do anything, but if your car fails they cannot fix it. If you need a cert, the state does not care where you got it from, and they are all the same! The only difference is how much you are paying the guy to do it, because they all set thier own prices.

I don't know if you know this, but I'm kind of in that business.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1253239848]Maybe I was unclear. If your regestration says "test only" you must go to a test only. If not, you can go to any smog station.

The one I recomended is a test only and can do anything, but if your car fails they cannot fix it. If you need a cert, the state does not care where you got it from, and they are all the same! The only difference is how much you are paying the guy to do it, because they all set thier own prices.

I don't know if you know this, but I'm kind of in that business.</blockquote>

Then I have a question for you. What's up with the whole "you pass or you don't pay" thing? Is this some sort of scam?

Go look at those ads again. They don't exactly say that.

There are few advertised scams when it comes to automotive repair thanks the the ever meddling BAR. They stop that stuff right quick.

You don't pay for *what*? The DMV certificate, the transmission fee? Last one I went to have a similar statement, but I end up paying for the test even when it failed. He said I can retest it for free one time.

Back