Where to buy furniture?

liyangx

hi all TI members.

Where are you guys buy furniture? i know Living Space, Macy Home. What else is good place to buy? Thanks

paperboyNC said:
What kind of furniture? What is your budget for each room?

it is like bedroom furniture, bed, night stand,table etc
budget wise more like living space around $1500 but hopelly less than that.  i don't like Ikea's funiture.

irvinehomeowner said:
I prefer Living Spaces.

Same day delivery on in-stock items, huge showroom, okay construction... Liiiivvviiinng Spaaaacccesss.

I recommend Living Spaces as well for that budget. You don't have to assemble anything.

Ashley has decent furniture for the price.  Go check out an Ashley store, if you find something you like, get it from the Design Center in Orange. Lower prices and you can pick up from there without having to drive to the IE or pay $75 to deliver.

lnc said:
You might want to check out this thread:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11201.0.html

Here's some of furniture store mentioned in that thread.

Room & Board
Furnishing America
Easy Life
Plummer's
Living Spaces
Linder's
Design Within Reach
Crate&Barrel
West Elm's
Pottery Barn

I was just thinking about that thread.  lol  You should also add the one that spawned from the above thread called "CHEAP furniture stores". 

Furnishing America.

Pros
Cheap. Great people. Good customer service. A nice elderly gentleman and freedom to browse as many hours as you please with no sales pressure.

Cons:
On the lower quality (Nothing broke). Hot warehouse.

Any idea if they do custom sectionals (or let you order in pieces) at Furnishing America?  I'm looking for a large U shaped sectional but don't see any online that fit exactly.

aquabliss said:
Any idea if they do custom sectionals (or let you order in pieces) at Furnishing America?  I'm looking for a large U shaped sectional but don't see any online that fit exactly.

Room and Board does custom sectionals, though they're more expensive than most of the places mentioned here.  Stuff is much higher quality though, and IMHO why buy a million dollar house and furnish it on the cheap.  You can use the website to configure the sectional.

aquabliss said:

They may do. Their website does not do justice.

You should go there and browse through the big books they have. We spent around 3-4 hours mulling over various models and picked 3 modles that fit our need and checked the price. We were pleasantly surprised by the price (good rectangular 4 seat glass dining table + 4 chairs for $280).

They do not negotiate anymore on the final price. I did try hard. But their base price was already lower than what I got from elsewhere.

They have a nice elderly gentleman (forgot his name), who is very helpful.

Pacific Sales has been holding an unadvertised fire sale in their home theater department for the past month or so.  All they have left in the Irvine store now are some TV wall mounts and AV stands and racks, all for 90% off retail.  So, might be worth a lookie loo if you want to upgrade or pickup some cheapo items for the Christmas gift exchange.

Back