Where the market is - Buyer Offers

marmott said:
aquabliss said:
Anyone know where to buy the apparatus they used to attach to the cinder block wall and hook the back yard string lights to?  I need this!

This is the closest thing I could find: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Sycmr. It looks like they do custom orders so pretty sure they would be able to make a similar string light pole design (few custom orders are pictured in the reviews).

I bought this from Amazon and installed it myself with costco bistro lights. On sale at $39.99 right now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HVQFPNQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Funny thing is after I installed this and hung my bistro lights from this steel string, I would look at other people's hanging string lighting and judge them poorly if they didn't have this support hardware.  I became a backyard lighting snob...LOL

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Offered $1,476,000 all cash for this Eastwood listing for a buyer, no counter and went with another buyer.  I thought for sure we'd get it or at least get a best and final counter, nope.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/96-Henson-92602/home/167401920

And thats a no lot type of Condo!

Yeah, motorcourt detached Marin condo with OK upgrades, nothing special other than being on the corner and having a slightly larger lot.

I believe this floorplan also has a downstairs master - which is attractive to the older crowd.

I found the downstairs master bedroom appealing, but I couldn't get over the windows in the master and master bath face out into the motor court.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Offered $1,476,000 all cash for this Eastwood listing for a buyer, no counter and went with another buyer.  I thought for sure we'd get it or at least get a best and final counter, nope.

Yeah, motorcourt detached Marin condo with OK upgrades, nothing special other than being on the corner and having a slightly larger lot.

I believe this floorplan also has a downstairs master - which is attractive to the older crowd.

It?s a central location in Eastwood.  The school, pool, Jeffrey Open Space, playground are all within 0.2 miles.  Also the other pool, Eastwood Park (playground, tennis court, soccer/baseball field) are within 0.4 miles.

Even within Eastwood location, location, location. Probably why 80 Parkwood was able to get $700/sqft.

TestingIrvine said:
best_potsticker_in_town said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

It?s a central location in Eastwood.  The school, pool, Jeffrey Open Space, playground are all within 0.2 miles.  Also the other pool, Eastwood Park (playground, tennis court, soccer/baseball field) are within 0.4 miles.

Even within Eastwood location, location, location. Probably why 80 Parkwood was able to get $700/sqft.

Eastwood is already a small village....as long as the home is not backing or closer to Jeffrey or Irvine Blvd, not so much difference I think.

80 Parkwood overlooks the community park if that helps. But parking sucks because the narrow Parkwood street in front is backed up during school drop off and picks. The home is right next to the school.

akula1488 said:
1.5M cannot even buy you a drive way let alone 3 car garage
Exactly and you didn't even mention the absurb MR associated with Irvine properties. Does anyone know why places like Cypress Village even has MR? It's completely built out. Why are they still charging it? I'm not as familiar with Orchard Hills but when I went there it looks completely built out. It's not like you need to build schools, fire stations, etc in those areas yet they still require MR.

sleepy5136 said:
akula1488 said:
Exactly and you didn't even mention the absurb MR associated with Irvine properties. Does anyone know why places like Cypress Village even has MR? It's completely built out. Why are they still charging it? I'm not as familiar with Orchard Hills but when I went there it looks completely built out. It's not like you need to build schools, fire stations, etc in those areas yet they still require MR.

MR is essentially 20-30 year financing to build out the neighborhood. Just because the neighborhood is done being built doesn't mean the money owed is absolved.

sleepy5136 said:
akula1488 said:

Basically, the City takes out a mortgage (usually 30 years) in the form of a bond on the cost of building roads, utilities, schools, parks, etc. for a new neighborhood. These become mello roos payments to homeowners. In most other states, nothing like mello roos exists. California had two state politicians named Henry Mello and Mike Roos who proposed it as a way to generate the capitol needed by local cities after Proposition 13 property tax caps were passed in the 70s. Most mello roos expire after 30 years after the original bond has been fully paid off.

moc said:
sleepy5136 said:
akula1488 said:

Basically, the City takes out a mortgage (usually 30 years) in the form of a bond on the cost of building roads, utilities, schools, parks, etc. for a new neighborhood. These become mello roos payments to homeowners. In most other states, nothing like mello roos exists. California had two state politicians named Henry Mello and Mike Roos who proposed it as a way to generate the capitol needed by local cities after Proposition 13 property tax caps were passed in the 70s. Most mello roos expire after 30 years after the original bond has been fully paid off.
Thanks for the explanation! Makes sense.

LiefinIrvine said:
All cash offers? Is that the only chance for Resale homes in this Hot RE market?

Only one offer was all cash.  Most all of my buyers use financing and I'm still able to get them homes while beating out cash buyers at times mainly because follow my recommendation for the offers and because they are very strong buyers under buying.

USCTrojanCPA said:

Most of them at PS and GP? Prices there are matching up with other Irvine areas. You think they?ll all be over the asking?

Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Most of them at PS and GP? Prices there are matching up with other Irvine areas. You think they?ll all be over the asking?

All of the resales are ?Hot Homes? per Redfin.  Definitely over asking.

Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

All 5 offers were over asking price, some more than others. 

TestingIrvine said:
What?s better:

1) 4 bed condo?

Or

2) 3 bed detached condo?

Both same sqft and location
does the detach one have yard space? If it does, the living space is smaller but at the expense of a yard. So it depends on what you value.

Back