Where is katie porter during this pandemic

Compressed-Village said:
Just ask yourself, friends or your neighbors, are we better as a nation with the 45 sitting in the office?

Is our kids better off or the 1% kids gains even higher privileges when you go to vote.

I would say 80% were before the pandemic

zubs said:
frank69m said:
By the way, this topic was about Katie Porter... I still hear crickets on what she has done during the last couple of months.  I guess hiding and the taxpayers pay for her salary. What a great deal.

I normally would have voted for mimi walters, but in 2016, I had to send a message to the republican party for sucking trumps dick so HARD!  Plus the SALT deduction really screwed mimi.  It didn't have to be Katie Porter.  It was whoever was going to send a message to trump sycophants. 

Did you get the message?

You still never answered the question... Katy porter has done what this whole  year. You only stated one thing? It's crickets now.. stop deflecting.

frank69m said:
zubs said:
frank69m said:
By the way, this topic was about Katie Porter... I still hear crickets on what she has done during the last couple of months.  I guess hiding and the taxpayers pay for her salary. What a great deal.

I normally would have voted for mimi walters, but in 2016, I had to send a message to the republican party for sucking trumps dick so HARD!  Plus the SALT deduction really screwed mimi.  It didn't have to be Katie Porter.  It was whoever was going to send a message to trump sycophants. 

Did you get the message?

You still never answered the question... Katy porter has done what this whole  year. You only stated one thing? It's crickets now.. stop deflecting.

Katie Porter's twitter lists the following activities in the last few weeks:

Yesterday she visited the Mission Viejo American Heroes Tribute and delivered care packages/food to veterans to celebrate memorial day.

On May 19th she posted about the regularly updated website with resources to fight COVID 19https://porter.house.gov/covid-resources/

On May 15th she posted a video of her speaking on the house floor on her support of the Heroes Act to support frontline workers in the fight against COVID 19.

On May 13th she posted an article she wrote with another representative calling for Ticketmaster to refund people for cancelled events.

On May 13th she also posted that she wrote to the Federal Reserve to see what could be done to speed up loans for small businesses.

I could keep going...but I won't. I don't understand why you keep asking what she's doing when she posts what she's doing on a daily basis. I'll share the link so you can see for yourself:https://twitter.com/RepKatiePorter

moc said:
frank69m said:
zubs said:
frank69m said:

Did you get the message?

Yesterday she visited the Mission Viejo American Heroes Tribute and delivered care packages/food to veterans to celebrate memorial day.

On May 19th she posted about the regularly updated website with resources to fight COVID 19https://porter.house.gov/covid-resources/

On May 15th she posted a video of her speaking on the house floor on her support of the Heroes Act to support frontline workers in the fight against COVID 19.

On May 13th she posted an article she wrote with another representative calling for Ticketmaster to refund people for cancelled events.

On May 13th she also posted that she wrote to the Federal Reserve to see what could be done to speed up loans for small businesses.

I could keep going...but I won't. I don't understand why you keep asking what she's doing when she posts what she's doing on a daily basis. I'll share the link so you can see for yourself:https://twitter.com/RepKatiePorter

Yea yea so what? frank69m really just wanted to know how many rounds of golf she played during the pandemic.... 0? WOW WHAT A LOSER POLITICIAN.

Cares said:
moc said:
frank69m said:
zubs said:
frank69m said:

Did you get the message?

Yea yea so what? frank69m really just wanted to know how many rounds of golf she played during the pandemic.... 0? WOW WHAT A LOSER POLITICIAN.

Ha! That made me laugh. It's true not only does she not seem to play golf she also seems to use proper grammar and spelling on her twitter...horrifying!

moc said:
Cares said:
moc said:
frank69m said:
zubs said:
frank69m said:

Did you get the message?

Ha! That made me laugh. It's true not only does she not seem to play golf she also seems to use proper grammar and spelling on her twitter...horrifying!

And to be stating facts and not spinning the truth, and not spit out lies, which goes against our President Trump for a change.  I say, she got balls, now that say alot for representative, against our males R. Senators constantly bending over taking it for Trump. So far for the Art of The Deal and The Deal Makers, Kimmy Jungy-Uni is vowing to scrap and create more nuclear weapons going forward, and China is not backing down. Meanwhile the American people are suffering. Wait until the extra 600 bonus run out. If you want to see blood on the street, it will be plenty of it.

Congresswoman Porter does stand up to the financial industry frequently, however she has chosen to vote by proxy during the pandemic.

Text from GovTrack ?Rep. Katie Porter is currently voting by proxy under new rules in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since May 26, 2020, Rep. Jennifer Wexton [D-VA10] will be casting Porter?s vote. Under the rules for proxy voting, representatives may designate another representative as their proxy and must give their proxy exact instructions on how to vote.?

This allows her more time to work within her CA District, but she can?t be participating in the full conversations in Congress remotely. Not the best example, but you can google a news story you are looking for, but a person who flips through a newspaper might run across issues outside their search. So she is still representing her core values, but might not be fully representing needs that will arise.

How do others feel about this? Was she elected to represent constituents by being present in DC or is voting remotely acceptable if her chosen voter Jennifer Weston represents The 45th District well enough? I?m not trying to choose a side, but see how people feel.

Kangen.Irvine said:
Congresswoman Porter does stand up to the financial industry frequently, however she has chosen to vote by proxy during the pandemic.

Text from GovTrack %u201CRep. Katie Porter is currently voting by proxy under new rules in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since May 26, 2020, Rep. Jennifer Wexton [D-VA10] will be casting Porter%u2019s vote. Under the rules for proxy voting, representatives may designate another representative as their proxy and must give their proxy exact instructions on how to vote.%u201D

This allows her more time to work within her CA District, but she can%u2019t be participating in the full conversations in Congress remotely. Not the best example, but you can google a news story you are looking for, but a person who flips through a newspaper might run across issues outside their search. So she is still representing her core values, but might not be fully representing needs that will arise.

How do others feel about this? Was she elected to represent constituents by being present in DC or is voting remotely acceptable if her chosen voter Jennifer Weston represents The 45th District well enough? I%u2019m not trying to choose a side, but see how people feel.

1. I am sorry voting remotely is not a game changer. But voting against your constituents best financial interest for voting for the limit the salt deductions like Mimi did is a problem.

2. Free covid testing. The American people can thank Katie.

OC Rep. Katie Porter Gets CDC Director To Commit To Free Coronavirus Testing
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...porter-free-coronavirus-testing-cdc-director/

Watch Katie Porter Relentlessly Grill CDC Chief Into Saying %u2018Yes%u2019 to Free COVID-19 Tests
https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...porter-grill-cdc-director-coronavirus-966572/

Kangen.Irvine said:

Text from GovTrack ?Rep. Katie Porter is currently voting by proxy under new rules in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since May 26, 2020, Rep. Jennifer Wexton [D-VA10] will be casting Porter?s vote. Under the rules for proxy voting, representatives may designate another representative as their proxy and must give their proxy exact instructions on how to vote.?

This allows her more time to work within her CA District, but she can?t be participating in the full conversations in Congress remotely. Not the best example, but you can google a news story you are looking for, but a person who flips through a newspaper might run across issues outside their search. So she is still representing her core values, but might not be fully representing needs that will arise.

How do others feel about this? Was she elected to represent constituents by being present in DC or is voting remotely acceptable if her chosen voter Jennifer Weston represents The 45th District well enough? I?m not trying to choose a side, but see how people feel.

I think under normal circumstances I would have an issue with a proxy vote situation. But, I think we can all agree a global pandemic is not a normal circumstance. Katie is a single mom to three children, and like many people right now childcare could be a major issue. I am ok with this as a temporary work around to the crisis, but would hope as soon as she's able to Katie returns to Washington.

Also, let us all not forget about the lack of town hall appearances by Mimi when she was in office. In addition, who campaigns with a yellow T-shirt. Her and the other lady running for Congress the Brea area got defeated last election.

There is a separate thread dedicated to Mimi about the lack of live person town hall. (Note this is way before the pandemic)

God Bless America!

Katie is a wonderful person, however I don't share her political beliefs. Then again, I greatly respect her personally, but I am not voting for her in November.

adventurous said:
Katie is a wonderful person, however I don't share her political beliefs. Then again, I greatly respect her personally, but I am not voting for her in November.

Ask Mimi how come she did not show up in the in person town hall event with many people.

eyephone said:
adventurous said:

Ask Mimi how come she did not show up in the in person town hall event with many people.
Why? I was crystal clear Katie is a great person from the opposite camp.

adventurous said:

Thank you for this civility! I wish we had more of this from both sides.

Back