Where Do You Look for Rentals?

Nicole Pompey said:
Compressed-Village said:
....Make the story short, the landlord lady was the owner and she had not make payments on the property for over a year. We litterally had 1 month to move out. That was pretty stressful. So in this instance, having a realtor on your side of looking for a property was well worth the efforts. Also like Nicole mentioned above, listing your property with an agent so they can checks and filter your potential renters may well worth it.

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry this happened to your family. What an awful experience. I've actually been just as selective when working with Landlords, as well. So far, our track record for screening and helping the landlord select tenants has been 100%. Our process is tedious and most flaky or squatter type tenants won't put in the work we require. (Recent example, we had 50+ interested on a condo in OC and only 1 was willing to go through the process. It took only one week but the details are very specific - it paid off!) The landlord owns the property outright and serves on the HOA board so everyone was a winner.

Side note - Have you seen the show on Netflix based in England? It's called, "Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords". It's quite unbelievable!

Have to check out this show. Although, it might give me the chills. 😀

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Context: I am listing my 2bd/2ba condo in Eastwood Village for rent. I want to self-manage the property so don't want to involve a realtor.

Question for both landlord and tenants:

Tenants, where do you search for rental homes when you're in the market?
Landlords, what source/website/search engine generates the most success and interest?

I want to self-manage the property so don't want to involve a realtor.

So you are a realtor yourself, why ask these questions???

Compressed-Village said:
Context: I am listing my 2bd/2ba condo in Eastwood Village for rent. I want to self-manage the property so don't want to involve a realtor.

Landlords, what source/website/search engine generates the most success and interest?

I'm a part-time agent with pretty solid experience on the buy-side. I refer out if anyone needs assistance with selling or renting their property. I can do market research but wanted to understand what other resources people use to list/market their rentals outside of MLS.

Compressed-Village said:

I'm a part-time agent with pretty solid experience on the buy-side. I refer out if anyone needs assistance with selling or renting their property. I can do market research but wanted to understand what other resources people use to list/market their rentals outside of MLS.

Remember to have the agent that you refer business to sign a referral fee agreement so you get 25% of the commission as a referral fee.

Compressed-Village said:

If you have access to MLS, just post it there, it will then get cascaded to all major websites i.e. Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com unless your broker disabled it. If you don't want to pay another realtor to show your home, you can put a small amount i.e. $100 for commission or not put a Supra box, then no realtor will bother showing your listing.

Back