Where are you at your career

Where are you at your current company?

• Total voters
Well... this would be similar to roundcorner's "How much do you make?" poll.

(I forget if it was roundcorner who did that)

Not sure what insight you can get from this survey.  If its to find salary as IHO notes, it varies widely across industry.  I have a friend who is a CEO of a 20 person company and makes much less than another friend who is just a sales guy at a fortune 500 company.

rkp said:
Not sure what insight you can get from this survey.  If its to find salary as IHO notes, it varies widely across industry.  I have a friend who is a CEO of a 20 person company and makes much less than another friend who is just a sales guy at a fortune 500 company.

Yup. I make a lot more now with no direct reports than I did as a CEO of a similar 20 person company.

He is probably just curious to see where people are within their careers and the poll is not monetary driven.

Look at IHS's posts, he talks about world leaders as something to strive for not wealth.

Not happy with my career and would love for a change.

What are some good careers out there?  Would an IVY league school benefit much?  If I had gone to Northwood or UNI would I have better chances of getting a great job?

Homer_Simpson said:

What are some good careers out there?  Would an IVY league school benefit much?  If I had gone to Northwood or UNI would I have better chances of getting a great job?
Depends if you are a Mainlander. :)

Homer_Simpson said:

I hear Greenwood is hiring hosts for potential buyers.  You'll need training though and understand how to say "I'm not sure" effectively. 

jmoney74 said:
Homer_Simpson said:

I hear Greenwood is hiring hosts for potential buyers.  You'll need training though and understand how to say "I'm not sure" effectively.

I would make a great hosts for the mainlanders.  When they ask me where the bathrooms are I'll just point at Huntley Plan 1 and the bushes.  If they ask me what schools these are zone to I'll say "they are going to build a Tustin Legacy High School and that's going to be like University High of Irvine but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better; however, in the mean time your kids will be going to Currie"  ;D

Back