Where are we headed?Irvine home prices?

Kings said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
Also add luck.  ;)

Yes, luck is a big part of it.  Looking back on it, I perfectly timed the purchase of my West Irvine home at the end of 2011 at the lowest price of that floor plan (helped that it was a short sale) but that was more luck than perfect timing.

"i'd rather be lucky than good"
- gandhi

I say that a lot too.  haha

Hey USC and folks that remember the IHB days, anyone recall that moron dude named Graphix? 
He kept telling me how terrible it was for me to buy a home mid 2009 and how things were going to crash so hard.    ::)

Eyephone, did you change your screen name?

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Hey USC and folks that remember the IHB days, anyone recall that moron dude named Graphix? 
He kept telling me how terrible it was for me to buy a home mid 2009 and how things were going to crash so hard.    ::)

Eyephone, did you change your screen name?

Yeah I remember that guy.  He loved being a debbie downer.  I think him and his bunch created another forum for all the cool kids that's didn't exist for too long if I remember correctly. haha

I used to see those guys annually but haven?t in a while.

While I did disagree with them on certain points there were many other things they had knowledge of and were right about.

While snarky at times, most of the time they wanted to help others make well-informed decisions.

Reall estate is never an exact science.

irvinehomeowner said:

While I did disagree with them on certain points there were many other things they had knowledge of and were right about.

While snarky at times, most of the time they wanted to help others make well-informed decisions.

But many of them thought you were an idiot if you didn't agree with them since they thought they were the smartest one in the room.  It's fine to agree to disagree, but some of them would belittle people on IHB if someone disagreed with them. They also were very "clicky" with each other.  That said, some of them were nice folks.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

But many of them thought you were an idiot if you didn't agree with them since they thought they were the smartest one in the room.  It's fine to agree to disagree, but some of them would belittle people on IHB if someone disagreed with them. They also were very "clicky" with each other.  That said, some of them were nice folks.

Sure, but that's human nature. You know they all had either backgrounds in real estate, finance, law, business so they had the chops to stand behind their positions.

The key was to present your case with facts, experience and logic... and they would eventually respect your side... and at least they didn't run away when they lost an argument.

And quite frankly, some posters were idiots... or acting like ones. I know I have at times posted some idiotic things.

And everyone knows that a good forum needs opposing viewpoints... as much as people say they don't like to see these eFights? between members, it helps to see other sides to be more informed. It's no fun if everyone says "Irvine will drop 50% or more during the crash" or "Eastwood has Max ROI" or "Attached is just as good as long as it appreciates" or "FCBs don't exist" or "Interest rates will skyrocket"... you need to have conflict to expose the truths, the opinions and the falsehoods.

Maybe one day Graphrix will come in here and try to defend his stance that Irvine hasn't had an increased influx of Asians since the late 80s. I don't think anyone can deny that today... even without the census to prove it.

irvinehomeowner said:

Sure, but that's human nature. You know they all had either backgrounds in real estate, finance, law, business so they had the chops to stand behind their positions.

Some of them like IrvinerRenter weren't bad, and were quite helpful.  He's probably the main reason I didn't buy in 2007!  He was wrong about some things, but he still helped a ton of people avoid some bad financial decisions.

Graphix was a different story.  I don't care if he had a RE/finance/law background, he was consistently wrong by a *large* margin.  At a certain point, those guys weren't looking at facts they were emotionally invested.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear some of them sold their houses and sat on the sidelines waiting for a crash that never came. 

Meanwhile I'm sitting on a boatload of equity because I didn't believe the bullshit he was spewing. *shrug*

It was either Unbreakable or The Dark Knight that said a great hero needs a great villain.

Sure, the spider monkey may have been wrong... but it made for great IHB threads/entertainment.

Isn't that why you all liked BTB? What about IndieDev? And Tyler Durden?

irvinehomeowner said:
It was either Unbreakable or The Dark Knight that said a great hero needs a great villain.

Sure, the spider monkey may have been wrong... but it made for great IHB threads/entertainment.

We must bring back YellowFever.
We need environmental hazard charts for entertainment purposes only.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yeah, this thread sucks without YF's input.

I speculate that fake B_T_B account was made by IHO.
But it was entertaining so it's all good.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

It?s easy being a PRICKS, much harder being a nice guy. And write your thoughts meaningful that others could use.

Just start something none sense and stupid then you can be YF replacement.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

the environmental hazards based neighborhood ranking was really amusing.  wonder if it is still accessible since YF deleted all his posts before disappearing

fortune11 said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

the environmental hazards based neighborhood ranking was really amusing.  wonder if it is still accessible since YF deleted all his posts before disappearing

I have a screen capture. If I post it here, would I get a Thank You?

Mety said:

I barely have time to post as me... why would I post as someone else?

And everyone knows I don't like pretenders... that's one of the things I don't like about BTB, the multiple names/accounts.

irvinehomeowner said:

IndieDev and Tyler Durden were dicks. BTB is always nice to people. If you want to compare BTB to some of the OGs of this board, BTB reminds me most of Tenmagnet. I still miss ten.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

I barely have time to post as me... why would I post as someone else?

And everyone knows I don't like pretenders... that's one of the things I don't like about BTB, the multiple names/accounts.

spec?u?late
?speky??l?t/Submit
verb

form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

Just a speculation. If you say otherwise, then I will respect it.

Back