Where are the cafes in Irvine?

almon_IHB

The only cafe I know where they have equally good coffee and pastries is in a plaza on Barranca, next to the cheap movie theater. Anyone knows other cafes in the area?

I don't count Starbucks because their pastries are pretty mediocre.

About OH Zov's: buy a pastry at the counter, then walk over to Peet's and buy your coffee. Then take your pick to sit inside Peet's or out on the patio by the fountain. The best coffee coupled with the best pasties, two doors away from each other.

the place you mentioned next to the dollar theater, is that champagnes? if so, theres also one at northpark plaza on irvine blvd.

not irvine, but pacific whey in newport beach, crystal court, and crystal cove is fantastic. my favorite pastries around.

panera (yeah yeah i know its a big chain place) is nice place to lounge for a while. i often read, study, or even work there since they offer wifi.

Francoli's at Fashion Island is great on Sat/Sun mornings (for breakfast) outside near couple of the fountains. Saturday mornings, they have this waiter that is very cool, always provides first rate service and very pleasant. Not too many know about the fact that they serve breakfast on weekends, so there's never a crowd (but now that it's on IHB, maybe that'll change, oh, oh....).

<p>I know it is not a cafe but the bakery at whole foods is pretty good. So you can get Peets (the Tustin one) and then go to Whole Foods to pick up some baked goods. </p>

<p>BTW: There is another "Champagne" cafe on Jamboree near the Ralphs.</p>

<p>There's the Corner Bakery which has a good selection of pastries, as well as other regular food items. They are similar to Panera Bread. One is located at Harvard and Main and there's another one in the Tustin Marketplace (Irvine side), near the theater, by Taco Rosa.</p>

<p>I know the one on Harvard and Main sells their muffins 2 for 1 in the afternoon (not sure the exact time) until they run out. .</p>

<p>Hey guys see health thread, none of the stuff mentioned is actually good for you.</p>

<p>Bread products whole grain?</p>

<p>Healthy fats used?</p>

<p>How much sugar in goodies?</p>

<p>Rain Rain Rain</p>

<p>Parade</p>

<p>Lawyer's... they always rain on your parade! </p>

<p>Why muddy the intent with the facts? But you are right, there are very few places that actually sell nice somewhat healthy stuff. Anyways good luck</p>

<p>-bix</p>

someone at work recommended Pascal's (on Bristol and Jamboree). bought a lunch sandwich there, really yummy!

and the place looks totally parisian (and you pay a price for that too)...

[ignore]

[quote author="lawyerliz" date=1198022840]<p>Hey guys see health thread, none of the stuff mentioned is actually good for you.</p>

<p>Bread products whole grain?</p>

<p>Healthy fats used?</p>

<p>How much sugar in goodies?</p>

<p>Rain Rain Rain</p>

<p>Parade</p></blockquote>

[/ignore]

If it's fattening, contains 7% or higher alcohol content, or is otherwise bad for you, <em>send it here.</em>

Back