When would be next housing Bottom?

momopi said:
Trump is going down the list on trade.  After China he is now targeting India, and already gave Japan 6 month heads up.  I don't really buy the claim that auto/auto parts import is a threat to US national security, but others point to US auto makers exiting the sedan business as German/Japanese victory 50 years in the making.  Well, my wife's Acura is made in Ohio, and the Lexus ES 350 I'm looking at is made in Kentucky.

Regardless of analyst predictions, I'm not waiting until 2020 or 2021.  Selling 2 more investment properties this summer as I type.

Shall we say, for the MAXROI?

Mety said:
momopi said:
Trump is going down the list on trade.  After China he is now targeting India, and already gave Japan 6 month heads up.  I don't really buy the claim that auto/auto parts import is a threat to US national security, but others point to US auto makers exiting the sedan business as German/Japanese victory 50 years in the making.  Well, my wife's Acura is made in Ohio, and the Lexus ES 350 I'm looking at is made in Kentucky.

Regardless of analyst predictions, I'm not waiting until 2020 or 2021.  Selling 2 more investment properties this summer as I type.

Shall we say, for the MAXROI?

It?s more like textbook rotation of investment

irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvine, Tustin home sales fall 11%; countywide pace slowest since 2014 but IHO says it's just seasonal
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/07/...s-fall-11-countywide-pace-slowest-since-2014/

You posted something like this already.

Sales volume is down but prices are same or higher.

The article shows two zipcodes with small sales volume having small increases in price (3.9% and 1.3%), but every other zipcode in Irvine had price drops, some up to 11%.  Not sure how you got that prices are same or higher. 

meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvine, Tustin home sales fall 11%; countywide pace slowest since 2014 but IHO says it's just seasonal
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/07/...s-fall-11-countywide-pace-slowest-since-2014/

The article shows two zipcodes with small sales volume having small increases in price (3.9% and 1.3%), but every other zipcode in Irvine had price drops, some up to 11%.  Not sure how you got that prices are same or higher.

As a buyer I?ve been feeling from agents/sellers that things are slowing down. More price drops recently and agents showing homes mentioning that the seller thinks we can come in lower on an offer and work something out. Before earlier in the year it seemed like sellers didn?t want to budge on the asking price when we inquired regarding motivation.

That?s why we?re being patient and waiting for the right place to come on the market for us.

JohnT said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

As a buyer I?ve been feeling from agents/sellers that things are slowing down. More price drops recently and agents showing homes mentioning that the seller thinks we can come in lower on an offer and work something out. Before earlier in the year it seemed like sellers didn?t want to budge on the asking price when we inquired regarding motivation.

That?s why we?re being patient and waiting for the right place to come on the market for us.

I'm also sensing a bit of slowness. The sellers would still want to get MAXROI so they're pretty stubborn, but once the property sits on the market for 30+ days, there has to be a negotiation. Remember, this is supposed to be the hottest selling time of the year, but it doesn't seem that hot. Real good ones (good condition + good price) are still going fast though.

meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

I was referring to the previous post on this when I was able to view the article (quoted above), which you did not reply to.

I can?t get through the OCR paywall to look at these numbers, maybe someone can post a copy.

WTTCHMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

That was for April.  This is for May.

Oh ok.

Let?s see what the June and July articles say. Most current data shows same median sales price as last year despite over a 25% drop in volume which is surprising.

So for those who can view the May article, what?s the average price drop for Irvine?

We bottomed already in December woth stocks. The housing market is lagging on the return back. Buy now or be priced out forever!

irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

I was referring to the previous post on this when I was able to view the article (quoted above), which you did not reply to.

I can?t get through the OCR paywall to look at these numbers, maybe someone can post a copy.

The article quoted above which you referenced is showing the price drops.  So tell me how prices are either flat or rising? 

The housing market is about to shift in a bad way for buyers

The housing shortage that fueled competition and resulted in sky-high price gains throughout 2017 and the first half of 2018 is on the horizon yet again, and supply could potentially hit a new low.

The number of for-sale listings was up 2.8% annually in June, but that was down from May?s 2.9% gain. Inventory gains began to slow this year from 6.4% growth in January to 5.8% in February.

Gains continued to slow throughout the spring and supply is now expected to flatten over the next three months and could hit its first decline in October of this year, according to realtor.com
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/09/the-housing-market-is-about-to-shift-in-a-bad-way-for-buyers.html

meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

The article quoted above which you referenced is showing the price drops.

Read my previous post about the April article, that's what I was referring to because I couldn't view the May article that you are referencing. Does Mety need to explain that to you?

So tell me how prices are either flat or rising? 

I said prices are the same or higher (as shown in the April article).

Have you looked at the recent prices? July median, according to Trulia, is the same as last year.

And I didn't say "rising"... you are twisting my words to imply something that I did not say.

irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

Read my previous post about the April article, that's what I was referring to because I couldn't view the May article that you are referencing. Does Mety need to explain that to you?

Mety doesn't need to explain because he makes his statements clear every time.. sometimes with some entertainment purposes only...

irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

Have you looked at the recent prices? July median, according to Trulia, is the same as last year.

And I didn't say "rising"... you are twisting my words to imply something that I did not say.

Perhaps you shouldnt cite the "article quoted above", since that was from May and not April.  Furthermore, whats the point in referencing an older data, when there is new and updated data? 

Recent prices data based on this most recent article suggest prices drops.  Do you see anything that shows the prices are higher?  You did say that right? 
Oh im sorry, you said higher, not rising.  Yes, im really trying to twist your words.  LOL

meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

Perhaps you shouldnt cite the "article quoted above", since that was from May and not April.  Furthermore, whats the point in referencing an older data, when there is new and updated data? 

Recent prices data based on this most recent article suggest prices drops.  Do you see anything that shows the prices are higher?  You did say that right? 
Oh im sorry, you said higher, not rising.  Yes, im really trying to twist your words.  LOL

You just don?t get it.

Are you denying that current prices (July) are the same or higher than last year?

And I can play your game, have prices ?risen? since April and May?

Post some data that shows me otherwise. LOL.

irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

You just don?t get it.

Are you denying that current prices (July) are the same or higher than last year?

And I can play your game, have prices ?risen? since April and May?

Post some data that shows me otherwise. LOL.

Why dont you open the link that WTTCHMN posted on this post and it will show you what everyone else can see.  Like I said before, the article shows mostly price drops in Irvine, some as much as 11%.   

Back