What would you pay?

cowlemon

Just came from an open house at 85 Sanctuary in Woodbury.  I was surprised with the interior condition.  The current owners made a lot of bad (seems like DIY) improvements.  If you have/had a chance to take a look yourself, what would you pay for it?

There's no pic on Redfin but found some pic on Trulia.  From the limited pics, can't really tell  the interior condition but the owner's taste was really bad.  The owner must really like orange flower, there's orange flower images through out the house. Also from  Redfin's record, look like the home been listed and delisted on and off since 2008.  I not sure if the owner really want to sell his prized decorated home.http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Irvine/sold/24182721-85-Sanctuary-Irvine-CA-92620#photo-5

I'm a big sucker for nicely decorated, tastefully upgraded homes.  Unless this home is asking at REO kind of prices, I would skip it.  With current available inventories, you can easily find something a lot nicer with reasonable asking price. 

I don't know how it looks like. But after reading your comments I would pass or make a low offer.  ;)

That orange flower design is disgusting - if I was that realtor I'd have them take all of it down and just re-paint the home a neutral color so it looks more like a blank slate. It's mostly hideous decor and paint colors - I'm sure the bare bones are ok. But most people cannot look past those simple changes so yes, make a low ball offer

Based on the Trulia photos, most of the ugliness appear decorative or simple fixes (except the bathroom tile)--repaint, change window covering etc...otherwise the home looks okay.**

In any case, a home is only worth what someone is willing to pay. So if you want the home, adjust your offer accordingly.

**Caveat: I might be missing a lot since I didn't visit the home.

Back