What will this troubled property sell for?

What do you think it will close for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zovall

Just came across this listing (Chantory Plan 2 1 in Turtle Ridge):
Property in poor condition. Tenant occupied. Must be purchased with uncooperative tenant in possession and buyer responsible for any eviction.

Last edited:
That price is way too high given the circumstances. It think they will get between 8-899. 1M seems high for one of these that's in poor condition with an uncooperative tenant. It's a Plan 1 by the way, which is even smaller than Plan 2.

This house was built by Cal Pac. It is similar to Cortile plan 1 in Woodbury which has 2 bedrooms, 1 car garage. Size is about 1,100 sqft. I say it would go for $900k.

This house was built by Cal Pac. It is similar to Cortile plan 1 in Woodbury which has 2 bedrooms, 1 car garage. Size is about 1,100 sqft. I say it would go for $900k.
Yeah, it's the same plans by CalPac that they built in Cortile (Woodbury), Sage (QH), & Aldea (Oak Creek). I think 900 is a good estimate based on the situation.

Near a freeway and horrible tenant and we think a condo should be 900k? I don’t think so. But of course some FCB will buy it to stabilize the market.

Near a freeway and horrible tenant and we think a condo should be 900k? I don’t think so. But of course some FCB will buy it to stabilize the market.
Unfortunately, the reality of Turtle Ridge is usually 1k+ a foot, so 900 would actually be a "deal".

Unfortunately, the reality of Turtle Ridge is usually 1k+ a foot, so 900 would actually be a "deal".
1k+ for a condo or SFH? SFH has huge lots and homes are more custom than other Irvine villages. $700-$750 per sq/ft would sound more about right given the location to freeway + rising interest rate env + horrible tenant + cost to potentially lawyer up + cleaning/repairs cost + months of rent that will not be received until evicted + cost/time to find another tenant + it being a condo

1k+ for a condo or SFH? SFH has huge lots and homes are more custom than other Irvine villages. $700-$750 per sq/ft would sound more about right given the location to freeway + rising interest rate env + horrible tenant + cost to potentially lawyer up + cleaning/repairs cost + months of rent that will not be received until evicted + cost/time to find another tenant + it being a condo
They're detached condos. Recent sales in that neighborhood (Chantory & Arborel) have been nearing and passing 1k a foot. I agree about the price vs condition & circumstances though.

Last sales of similar homes that were neither wrecked or in legal peril closed in the mid 9's. There are better options IMHO:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/1401-Elk-Grv-92618/home/5793330

Who wants the hassle of a nightmare tenant?
I would have personally purchased this one, but that's just me. Same floorplans as the place with the nightmare tenant, but in Oak Creek. This is actually the plan 2 which is larger too. Also, this one backs & faces the SD Creek trail.

There was also the same floorplan as above that sold in Quail Hill recently too:

It was refinanced in May, 2021 for 700k and a Notice of Default was filed in Feburary of this year, followed by a Notice of Sale on May 31st for $795,729, so that's the amount owed to the Lender at that time. It's listed as a Short Sale, so the owner was able to negotiate with the bank to try to get it sold and avoid the foreclosure. So there's some equity in it if it sells for the listed price. It went into Escrow on July 10th, 5 days after being listed, so somebody is interested. The Automated Valuation Model says the value is between $924,900 and $1,107,400, so we'd expect this one to sell at the lower end of that range. The bank has to review and accept the offered price to continue the Escrow process. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out ... we don't see many Short Sales in Irvine anymore - there have only been 2 in the last 6 months, and both are currently in Escrow.

Super helpful info.

Looks like the "borrower" made at least 6 payments then lifted the "one fingered Italian Salute" to their lender what with a $795k amount due in the Notice of Sale.

Pending...hmm. I wonder how much it'll go for. Same plan just sold yesterday for 1.348

Looks like it sold for $925k
The listing was active for 3 days and sold for cash with a 35k credit to the seller to cover seller costs not paid by the short sale lender. It's interesting it came in at the low end of the Automated Valuation Model from July 13th, estimating a value between $924,900 and $1,107,400

The listing was active for 3 days and sold for cash with a 35k credit to the seller to cover seller costs not paid by the short sale lender. It's interesting it came in at the low end of the Automated Valuation Model from July 13th, estimating a value between $924,900 and $1,107,400

The new owner will have fun trying to evict the tenant and I can see the tenant leaving the home in horrible condition.

Back