What will the Arbor at Woodbury do to housing prices in Woodbury? Nothing???

[quote author="darrenito1234" date=1245661521]Your thoughts???

http://www.jamboreehousing.com/docs/communityFlyers/WoodburyFlyers/WoodburyFlyer1-2009.pdf</blockquote>

It will have no impact. The Jamboree Housing Corporation is one of the better Affordable Housing Operators. You will not be able to tell which ones they are.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1245668363][quote author="darrenito1234" date=1245661521]Your thoughts???

http://www.jamboreehousing.com/docs/communityFlyers/WoodburyFlyers/WoodburyFlyer1-2009.pdf</blockquote>

It will have no impact. The Jamboree Housing Corporation is one of the better Affordable Housing Operators. You will not be able to tell which ones they are.</blockquote>

Agreed. As a local advocate for affordable housing, I've had the pleasure of attending several of Jamboree's grand openings in both Irvine and other local cities. Their communities are always nicer than those around them. Definitely far nicer than my first Irvine apartment!

What most people don't seem to understand about tax credit financed affordable housing deals is that so much extraordinary effort goes into making those projects happen (far more than any market rate deal), and that the federal and state residency requirements on the financing are usually so strict that these communities remain a cut above the surrounding nieghborhoods for at least 55 years (the usual deed restriction). No one, except the residents there, have any idea that these complexes are deed restricted affordable units, but even if they did, and they are also renters, they'd probably want to live there more than their current home.

[quote author="ocresident73" date=1245728851] they'd probably want to live there more than their current home.</blockquote>

Who wouldn't want to live there, when your monthly rent is being subsidized by taxpayers? I'm not sure what's worse, private lenders lending to people who can't pay it back then getting bailed out by taxpayers, or taxpayers just giving the money to those people from the start.

[quote author="ocresident73" date=1245728851]As a local advocate for affordable housing</blockquote>

That explains everything. And you wonder why we're in a budget deficit.

Back